Zone D14 Deer

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Thats interesting.... I spoke with an old man while hunting the Mojave Preserve and he said the same about the deer herd in d17. They were transplanted from southern Utah. I believe it, because the bucks we took this year will be fitting into a true Rocky Mountain mule deer form.

Last edited:

NewToCali

Jun 2, 2018
Twentynine Palms CA
Hello all,
Relatively new to Ca and certainly new to posting online however there seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this forum. Coming from the South East I clearly need all the help I can get.
Currently out of the country but plan to be back for the D14 General season opener, I am not looking for any "secret spots" or even general locations, I have an area in mind that I hope to spend an extended period of time in. I am however extremely GRATEFUL for any/all info in regards to the deer of D14. Prime Elev, food sources, terrain used, habit's, etc... I have enjoyed reading through this forum, this alone has provided more than any magazine article or any other web info I've been able to find, so I'd like to say thank you to all!! Best of luck to everyone as the season nears!

NewToCali

Jun 2, 2018
Twentynine Palms CA
There doesn't appear to be a lot of activity here in D14, hopefully that'll change as the season nears. I know it's a little early but has anyone got any scouting in lately?

Moost at a420

Aug 19, 2018
I got my AO archery olny tag first time for the fact it gives me more zones to hunt then one specific zone tag. And anyone one can kill with a gun. Shooting archery to me seems more fun I guess but all the other zones are all new to me and I would like someone if if not to much to show me or pjn point me in a direction were I can hunt. I can hunt all of A,B, and D Zones. I just hunted opening weekend yester da y and today out of D8 but nothing. I would like to hit up shaver lave D7 zone or anywhere that I can get a chance just to shoot some arrows and just have fun. Anyone have advice, or down to ride and shoot some bucks. If it's worth it I'm also down to get a bear tag and shoot one with archery if anyone know any sights seeing them

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Maybe you should stick around awhile and soak up some knowledge. There are more than a few on here that would disagree with the statement "anyone can kill with a gun."

NewToCali

Jun 2, 2018
Twentynine Palms CA
Well the archery season is now days away, looking forward to the 2018 pictures that are sure to come!! I will be counting down the days for the General season opener!

Best of luck to everyone! Stay safe and keep an eye on your six as I hear the cat populations are on the rise!!