Zone D14 Deer

Grizdad

Nov 15, 2013
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Look around the area going from the 15 on 138 going toward Las Flores ranch. Maybe 4 miles max from the 15. Look for one of the dirt roads on the left (north) side. Get up high on one of the hills and glass. There may or may not be some water for them in there. The weekdays are probably better if you want to be alone but having others in there if you are tucked away early might be of benefit to push them around.

robert salas

Oct 4, 2016
Nice buck, Going to hunt D-14 this year. Any info. would be helpful. Going up with my daughter and grandson. Thanks

Alaskabound2016

Oct 14, 2015
Colorado Springs
Going out next week!! Can't wait to get boots on the ground and hopefully find some bucks and have better luck than last year. I will be backpacking in this year to hopefully increase the odds a little bit. I will report back on info for anybody else hunting that unit later in the season.

Alaskabound2016

Oct 14, 2015
Colorado Springs
Well I just returned from the trip and sadly, we didn't fill our tags. But it was still an awesome trip! We saw 3 spike bucks and 2 does. And for anyone who hunts D14, they know that even seeing that many deer on one trip was quite lucky! Haha! We had one of the spikes walk within 15 feet of us, right across our faces. Just a curious little guys but it was an awesome encounter.

Good luck to anyone still going up there before the season ends!