You Tube

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Youtube has changed my life. What did people do prior to having it? I know it has saved me a lot of money.

Last week I took a few days off to go trout fishing on the White River here in Arkansas. I took my boat with a 50 hp Mercury on it. On the third morning when I started the engine (I always check) no water peeing out. The impeller went out. I called a few boat repair shops in the area. One guy said he could get it in and would be around $325.00. So I rented a boat and decided I would check on repair when I got home. I looked it up on Youtube and thought I can do that. I ordered the repair kit total of $40.00 including shipping. It took me about 45 minutes and peeing water again.

Just for the guys on here only. I watched a youtube video on heart transplants. I think I can do that as well just in case any of you need one.

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Ya im on it all the time as well . Sometimes you just need to know where a bolt or something is hidden.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Youtube has changed my life. What did people do prior to having it? I know it has saved me a lot of money.

Last week I took a few days off to go trout fishing on the White River here in Arkansas. I took my boat with a 50 hp Mercury on it. On the third morning when I started the engine (I always check) no water peeing out. The impeller went out. I called a few boat repair shops in the area. One guy said he could get it in and would be around $325.00. So I rented a boat and decided I would check on repair when I got home. I looked it up on Youtube and thought I can do that. I ordered the repair kit total of $40.00 including shipping. It took me about 45 minutes and peeing water again.

Just for the guys on here only. I watched a youtube video on heart transplants. I think I can do that as well just in case any of you need one.
yup. youtube can make an expert of almost anyone. just rebuilt a fuel pump in the boat using it.it was pretty simple but I wouldn't have tackled it without the instruction.

I don't need a heart, was born without one (so I have been told) but how confident are you on a liver transplant?? :D

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I have used it for so many little things around the house definitely makes doing some things take a little less time the trying to figure it out on the fly

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Its always my go to when I'm working on the cars in the family. Like you said, its a big money saver since labor costs so much these days.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Yes, it does make repairs on a lot of things a lot easier than they used to be.

There have been a number of things that I'll look on there before I begin instead of trying to figure it out myself.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I am a history junky, in particular the Roman Republic/Empire and WW2, some of the documentaries available now are fantastic.

It has also helped tremendously when answering how to things that I had forgotten from my house framing days or otherwise.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
For some reason I was compelled to buy a MK1 Browning BAR 30-06 a while back. I finally spent some time at my range with it and found it to be a real shooter. So, the next issue was "how the heck do you break this thing down to clean it?" U-tube had the answer. Now it can assume its position as a safe queen.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Youtube can be a wealth of knowledge for sure. People used to read books and manuals. Now they watch a video.

I do it all the time. I like watching videos of like mined people building things, fixing things, and sharing their ideas. I think there are still a lot of good people in the world who truly want to help others for the right reasons. If you are one of those people, I thank you!

If you are one of the people posting 500 videos of your cats chasing a laser pen across the floor, I do not thank you, but it is kinda funny.