YETI Rambler Giveaway!!!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, Alright, Alright... it's time for a YETI giveaway and here are the rules.

1. Post a picture and short story of a 2019 gobbler you harvested either in this thread or the 2019 Turkey Success Pictures thread.
2. Include State and Weapon
3. Once we hit 20 posts, with pictures, a random draw winner will be announced.

Now, let's see em & spread the word.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
IMG_3839.jpg Here's a picture from the California opening day. I had birds fly down and had two jakes walk within 22 yards but I passed. I was holding out for a long beard. As I hunted around I finally connected on a jake at 38 yards. We were 4 for 4 that morning.

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
The birds in Nor-Cal took a while to turn on due to the weather. Last weekend things got better here in Sonoma County while we were hunting with shotguns.46954.jpg

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Nice job guys! I don?t leave for another week but hopefully I will be able to post some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Disabled Combat Vet

2019 turkey hunt 111.jpg2019 turkey hunt 113.jpg

My first Turkey hunt with a Veteran's Organization in Colorado. About a hour after flying down from their roost, they came into the decoy's and I shot him at 20 yards one shot in the head. There was no shot in the body it was all in the head. His beard is 6 inches long and I took him with my 12 gauge Remington 870 Express using Federal 3rd degree blended shot 3'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roboz

Mar 10, 2011
Got this guy Saturday morning after failing to get him to commit the night before. I spent a good 3 hours trying to get this bird away from his hens on Friday evening, i put him to roost that night and got back in the next morning in the dark, another hour of playing games with him and he finally made one little mistake and the 12 gauge Weatherby took him down. My first Utah bird and a good one at that!

Attachments

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
I think this thread needs to stall out a bit. My oldest daughter can't go for two more weeks yet and my youngest has her week over Memorial Day weekend.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Was able to connect on this guy mid day. He was out cruising for hens! After some sweet talking and a couple gobbled he committed and the rest is history! This bird was taken with a shotgun in Kansas. Had another tag that I tried with my bow. Came close a couple times but couldn?t make it happen! Great trip!!!

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Drove 15 hours to texas to hunt hogs with a friend on his property there. Had no intention of hunting turkeys but did have the tags. As luck would have it no score on hogs as I missed.
But my first Tom Turkey. A Nice Rio I caught strutting down the field edge as I was hiking back to camp.
And likely the only turkey taken with a Ruger 77 in 35 Whelen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I already posted in the other thread, but I wanted to include everything so I can get entered in the contest. After both my boys tagged out opening day here in Minnesota, it was my turn to try killing a bird with the bow. So, second morning of season, I had close to a dozen birds gobbling within 150 yards of me in the dark. Had 4 jakes come into 10 yards, and a little later 2 big toms run straight in to 30 yards and then turn quickly and walk away. Then at 7:30, 2 mature birds came to 22 yards and I shot the bigger one. It flew away, and I recovered my arrow, and other than feathers, there was no sign of a hit. Long story short, ended up putting another arrow through the same bird the next morning and filled my tag. Not glamorous, but that?s hunting sometimes.6EF5C027-A6CA-4719-ACE4-2BCB48BCD582.jpg

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
WINNER, WINNER TURKEY DINNER!!!

Thanks for getting this and the success thread past twenty posts with pics & stories! The winner is... CKing13... congrats and you've been messaged for an address.

WAIT!!!!

We've got another Rambler to giveaway so let's get that done! Get another 20 posts with pictures and stories and we will pick another winner! Go get em folks.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
It's been a tough year to get out, since I've mostly been working on our new property, so we can get a shop built. But, I was able to get out before work and find a Jake that was willing to come take a look :)

2019 Spring Turkey.jpg

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I have been out a few times and gotten skunked every time. Yesterday morning I had a gobbler coming in on the string from several hundred yards out until an oil worker work drove by and the gig was up. I hiked about 6 miles and only heard a few gobbles. Very disappointed to lose this one opportunity. The oil exploration is really screwing up my local hunting.

Literally skunked!!