Wyoming units 15 and 16

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
Just thinking of these as second choice units, anyone one familiar. Not looking for secret spots just curious on numbers and if anyone filled a tag here before.

Murdy

Dec 13, 2011
North-Central Illinois
I hunted 16 last year. This was my first trip out west ever, diy, so I don't really have anything to compare it to and am really a novice with antelope. With that disclaimer, I hunted toward the end of the season, saw some hunters on the weekend but almost none during the week, I saw antelope every day on public land, missed one, stalked close to another group but couldn't get a shot off. I couldn't really give you an opinion on trophy quality as I'm certain my field judging skills are terrible, but I did see bucks. Access was limited, but I wouldn't call it poor (then again, I'm comparing to the Midwest). If you have any more specific questions, PM me. I check in every few days.

siwulat

Sep 6, 2014
Minneapolis
I hunted 16 last year. Like lrp said access is limited but its doable with the BLM, state, and WIA tracts. Having a gps chip is definitely a must. The antelope are there, its just a matter of finding them on the limited public land.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Last edited: