wyoming unit 96 mule deer

ADavid

Mar 11, 2011
Casper, WY
I hunted it last year, alot of animals to look over and there are alot of hunters around but there is plenty of room to get away a little. majority is public land.

ultmag300

Mar 13, 2011
oregon city ,or
were you successful ? are you a residen ? any bruisers out that way ,I did put in for the draw this year unit 47 and deer unit 96 general season the dates overlaped, any thoughts, never been to either of the areas before.

ADavid

Mar 11, 2011
Casper, WY
yeah im a resident and if you come out of there unsuccesful its your own fault. there are some nice bucks in that area its best to get there a day o rtwo early and find the buck you want so you can be there at first light for him because it turns into war out there. as far as area 96 for deer its a good area most of the guys stick close to green mountain which holds alot of deer but if you go out into the flats and glass the rock piles you will be surprised what you find, i was. alot of lions out there to.

ultmag300

Mar 13, 2011
oregon city ,or
thanks ADavid
so are you saying to do the lope hunt first and then deer ? I will get some good maps of area 96 if I get drawn ,already received shirley basin blm map will be studying it very hard . what did you find in those rocks any pics? I"ve been chatting with a fella from laramie he also said 47 was good ,he also hunted deer there last year, said it was a zoo trucks and atv's every where . man I hope I get draw this year, my 2nd chioce anteLope was unit 71, not much public though ,tresspass fee ? im not rich just wondering again thanks for the info. Jim

Last edited:

ADavid

Mar 11, 2011
Casper, WY
do antelope first they get real skittish really fast. that area between 487 and 77 holds alot of animals. if you draw 71 there is some private land available to hunt and others just ask most of the time you are good to go. some might charge like 25 dollar trespass fee

ultmag300

Mar 13, 2011
oregon city ,or
Hey Adavid
thanks for the info ,man 25 bucks thats realy cheap, are you pulling my leg on that ? I figured $100 was probably minimim anyone would charge ,would love to talk with You more about unit 96,I will send You a private message with my info thanks again Jim

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
Have hunted 47 for antelope last few years, last years buck scored 79,and the year before had one score 76. There are some nice bucks out there you just have to look over hundreds of goats. If you get a map take a look at the smaller sections of blm and state land, the antelope are alot less skidish than the herds between hwy 487 and hwy77. As for deer i saw a 180" typical next to the highway before the season started last year, so i know they are there.