Wyoming Unit 45 Bull Elk Hunt

Rondog

Nov 20, 2011
Carson, Wa
This is one of my first posts to the forum. I have drawn one of my first tags that I have been saving points for. Wyoming Elk, unit 45. I'm looking for any info I can gather from prior hunters. It takes a while to draw the tag, so I'm hoping someone would be willing to share info. I have one spot to hunt already picked, but would like backup areas in case I'm not seeing anything where I'm thinking of going. Anything could be helpful, thanks.

Rick!

May 9, 2014
Where in 45? I hunt muleys in deer unit 40 which is down Canyon creek road, south of hwy 16. I bump into elk there regularly. PM me if you want more info.

11C50

Oct 13, 2011
Edgar WI
I also hunt muleys in area 40, south of 16, but in the High Park, Lee Vee area and have seen some dandy bulls there over the years. Of course never with a tag in my pocket. This is a pretty small corner of area 45, but if you are interested in specifics shoot me a PM.

Rondog

Nov 20, 2011
Carson, Wa
NE69 - I have the rifle tag and was planning on going around October 23rd, after some of the deer and cow hunters are finished.

Rondog

Nov 20, 2011
Carson, Wa
Rick & 11C50, That is the general area I was looking at, only I was looking at going north of 16 around the lake, east of Tensleep.

tjkreutz

Aug 17, 2019
Just saw these posts on Forum, and would appreciate any recommendation as to DIY or Outfitter in widerness options. Thanks