Wyoming unit 37 deer

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
Hey there guys. I struck out in New Mexico (again) and I can?t keep waiting to hunt Mule Deer. I?ve got 6 PP in Wyoming and I?m thinking about burning my points in unit 37. I?d appreciate any input on this unit, or suggestions on other units attainable with 6 points. I?m looking for a fun/challenging hunt - a buck over 140? would be phenomenal. Thanks for the help, fellas. Happy Easter

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
There are some bruisers for sure in G. However, the quantity of deer has declined over the past few winters as well as the quantity of quality deer. Unless I had inside intel, I'd be shy about pulling the trigger on G as a non-res at this time.
Also have to compete with all the WY residents further reducing the quality of the hunt during the animal decline... tough call.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I've seen some GOOD bucks in and around 37. If your goal is 140+ you shouldn't have any issue meeting that goal. Season goes till October 31st, I would plan on hunting till dark of the last day of season. Closer you can get to November the closer you get to the bucks starting to show themselves a little bit more than normal.

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the responses. I live in South Florida, so region G is out of the question. I don?t have time to scout it and I can?t really fly over the necessary equipment to camp out and do the tag justice. I?m limited to units with closer proximity to towns. Was hoping to draw 34, but I don?t have enough points. So I?m really looking hard at 37. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
Will you be camping out or staying in Thermopolis? I hunted antelope around there a few years ago and we stayed in Thermopolis, but it was kind of a pain to drive into the unit and the areas we wanted to hunt everyday. I wonder how others that have hunted there usually do it.

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
I've seen some GOOD bucks in and around 37. If your goal is 140+ you shouldn't have any issue meeting that goal. Season goes till October 31st, I would plan on hunting till dark of the last day of season. Closer you can get to November the closer you get to the bucks starting to show themselves a little bit more than normal.
I sent you a PM. Thanks

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
I drew the tag. I?m really excited for this hunt. I?ll keep you guys posted.