Wyoming Unit 34 Mule Deer

wykee5

Feb 6, 2014
South Dakota
Wondering if anyone that has spent time in Unit 34 would care to share any info. We scouted a bit on a previous hunt, and it is one big unit. Most people say to focus on the NW part of the area, and even that is huge. Hoping to narrow down some areas, if anybody wants to help out it we would be grateful.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Look in the ugliest canyon and draws you can find. I've seen some really nice bucks from the south side to the north side, you'll find them where you find them. I'd hunt the end of the season in hopes of a few bucks getting a little rutty, and get as high as you can with the best glass you have to cover as much ground you can.
Good luck!

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Look in the ugliest canyon and draws you can find. I've seen some really nice bucks from the south side to the north side, you'll find them where you find them. I'd hunt the end of the season in hopes of a few bucks getting a little rutty, and get as high as you can with the best glass you have to cover as much ground you can.
Good luck!
I see you took a play out of the "Secret Playbook"
Good call... 🔥

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm not a local or expert, but I have seen them relating to the nasty canyons that have flowing water near them when I've been thru there. Use your maps and you'll find those sorts of places.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I hunted south part last year and took an average 4x4 on 2nd day , nothing special but some small 2nd eye gaurds . went up north 1 day and wind was killer no one was seeing much went back south to open country and killed. There were 2 4x4's together. did some walking the wind was so bad they dig beds into the hillsides to get out of it in the sandy stuff. Good luck.........BOB!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
To tell You the truth I don't know . My buddy from casper took us and we had a kid about 15 that we got a deer first and I was not driving and never payed attention where we were at . Was just allways watching for deer.. If I had to guess I would say west.Sorry not much help. Just like I went Guided on the Kaibab last year here in AZ . and killed a great buck, and couldnt tell ya where I was there either. If I am not driving I don't pay atten tion where we are going. Good thing I pay attention when I am Driving My Semi, I goto palm Springs tomm. Morn. same place every trip. I like that . Good Luck, I guess I am a space Kadet.LOL..............BOB!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Here are My 2 Bucks . Bottom one is unit 34. top one is AZ.. As You can see My 34 Wyoming buck is nothin special Has double eye gaurds about an in long ,hard to see. them unless you really zoom in. We didn't hunt real hard and only 2 days. I was more pumped for my hunt back home in a month....Take care and there are bigger ones there just gotta put in the time.......BOB

Attachments

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I spent a couple of weeks in the area several years ago hunting antelope and elk. Spent all of the time in the NW part of the unit. There were some decent deer up around Pine Creek

Reactions: Naturebob

ShepDog

Nov 14, 2015
Wyoming Native
Here are My 2 Bucks . Bottom one is unit 34. top one is AZ.. As You can see My 34 Wyoming buck is nothin special Has double eye gaurds about an in long ,hard to see. them unless you really zoom in. We didn't hunt real hard and only 2 days. I was more pumped for my hunt back home in a month....Take care and there are bigger ones there just gotta put in the time.......BOB
Looking good Bob! Nice AZ buck.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Didn't realize till just now, in my Wyoming picture I have on a Eastmans Hunting Journal Cap. Never know what I'm wearing. Have so many and only time I where a cap is hunting, cause I aint bald yet..LOL............BOB!

wykee5

Feb 6, 2014
South Dakota
We had fun hunt. Saw a lot of deer, but like others said, not a lot of big deer. My cousin shot a big 3x3, saw an even bigger buck that we never saw again. I shot a small 5x5 that was too much for me to pass up on the last evening we were out there. He was the biggest of a group of 10 bucks. I'll try and get some pics on here in a bit.