Wyoming Speedgoat

Jul 24, 2011
After a hellacious and unsuccessful trip in the wilderness of Idaho I drove to Wyoming for pronghorn. I was just passing through and only had 2 hours to hunt but managed to shoot this goat. I couldn't pass him up.

P9240110.jpgP9240102.jpgP9240103.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2011
Any ideas on score? I didn't measure him before dropping him off at the taxidermist because I was short on time. When I shot him I guessed him in the 75-77" range.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
From the pics given im going to have to go low 70, 75 is a push.regardless for a 2 hour hunt hes a shooter! Congrats.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I would put him in the low 70's. Looks like he has pretty good lower mass but is lacking in the upper mas and prong length. Still I would also say he's a shooter for a two hour hunt.

Jul 24, 2011
Thanks everyone, this forum has a great group of folks. I am headed back to Idaho (Sun Valley) to give deer another try, then back to WY to find a bigger goat for my Dad and a nice Mule Deer for myself.

BB- It seems in The Frank that the wolves feast and the hunters famine:) Oh well, it is beautiful and wild which I will take over a road-hunt for B&C animals:)

Here is another angle on my Pronghorn. The extra mass on the bottom is what made me think he would go 75" even with the shorter horns. He is almost round below the prong, I couldn't even wrap my hands all the way around the base.

Attachments

Last edited:

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
get a string and a ruler out and measure that sucker up! Antelope aren't hard to rough score, its only 5 measurements per side. Both P&Y and B&C have score sheets on their sites.

Jul 24, 2011
He is at the taxi now. I barely had time to drop him off, clean up and catch my flight home. I asked the taxi to score him, but he hasn't gotten to it yet. I'll post when he does.