Wyoming mule deer

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Been traveling and working all over the East half of Wyoming, a bit in the Blackhills of SD, and a little in SE Montana for a few weeks. There is no lack of vegetation and moisture this year.
While I was sitting making notes today I looked across the draw and this buck stood up. Nothing huge, maybe a 3 year old. On public land, in a resident General, or NR region tag that can be drawn with no points. Good looking 4 point with eye guards.
Any one has a Antelope tag in the East half the state, I think you'll be happy this year!

Don't mind the crap pictures. They were taken with a cellphone, through a $30 of Binoculars.

Attachments

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Looks like it has potential to be a nice buck. I’ve never taken a mule deer so I would be happy if I got one like that.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Good news for sure on the range conditions that way; hard to believe 1st week of July is in the books already. For those that can, time to scout. For all of us with tags in our pocket its time to get a little more serious about fitness, marksmanship, and gear prep!🦌

Johnbud

Jan 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Thanks for sharing what you are seeing on your travels around eastern Wyoming. I did draw an antelope tag for eastern Wyoming and very happy to hear that conditions look good. That is a good looking buck.

Reactions: LCH

justinch

May 2, 2019
thanks for sharing! I have been watching the webcams in the area i hunt in NE WY and everything looks very green.