Wyoming Goats

waterswat

Feb 21, 2011
WI
Hopefully headed to Wyoming for antelope and mule deer this year. This will be my first time ever out West hunting and am looking forward to reading about tips, tactics and tricks to harvest a respectable animal. Thanks Eastmans for writing about Western Big Game. Living in the Midwest it is tough to read, watch and listen to all the stories about Western Big Game and not partake every year in it. Look forward to all posts!

gon4elk

Feb 21, 2011
Cache Valley, Utah
Looking at doing a combo hunt or seperate?

Attachments

Whitetail101

Feb 21, 2011
Indiana, PA
Good luck in Wyoming. I have enjoyed every trip to Wyoming so far. Took a 70" SCI buck in 2007 with the rifle near Casper, WY and ate tag soup in 2010 near New Castle, WY with the bow. Wasn't for lack of trying, just needed to remember which pin was 50 yards and which one was 60 yards...LOL.

If I don't get drawn in AZ or NM this year, I will be returning to Wyoming again this year with the bow.

Attachments

Whitetail101

Feb 21, 2011
Indiana, PA
Are wy non residents archery tags over the counter?
No you have to put in for the draw, the tags are general tags but Wyoming holds a special archery season for antelope in Mid-August that you can hunt using your general tag in the same area. If you don't get a goat during the archery season you can still use it during the rifle season in October.

If you miss the draw deadline, which for Antelope is March 15 I believe, you can hope for leftover tags in your chosen area which are available in June.

good luck

Attachments

ffd061

Feb 21, 2011
Glyndon, Minnesota
If you have a photobucket acct, you can copy the IMG code on your post to download the pics. There might be other ways to do this, but it worked for me.

DryFlyGuy

Feb 21, 2011
Cody, Wyoming
If you have a photobucket acct, you can copy the IMG code on your post to download the pics. There might be other ways to do this, but it worked for me.
Thanks man, it worked.

Attachments

waterswat

Feb 21, 2011
WI
Cool looking picture. I am going to be hunting antelope and mulies in the same area I guess.Never been out there, but have a reliable source there are a quite a few goats and a few mule deer where we are going. Not sure the size of the mule deer and don't really care at this point because I have never harvested one. So I will be happy to just get one under my belt and then go from there. Don't get me wrong, if I see a good one I will try my best to do what I can to harvest it. How has the winter been around the Douglas area this year? Plenty of snow here in WI if you need some for moisture. Its all Free for the taking.

jenbickel

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Sheridan, Wyoming
www.facebook.com
I love hunting antelope.. I have hunted the same area for 3 years now.. hopefully 4 this year.. my first year i got a 78" goat..2nd year i got another 78" goat and last year i got 80".. the last picture is my 80" goat, i was 7 months pregnant so that's why im so big :) he was 16" tall.. pretty much amazing to me!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jeff

Feb 22, 2011
Great pics everyone...

We hunted Wyoming two years ago on leftover tags and killed two 80 inch plus gross bucks.Almost went 3/3 but ran out of days.Great people and really special place to hunt.

We are coming back this year with some high price tags in a top unit and are hoping to track down some booners..

bigfishbabb

Mar 25, 2011
Nice goats Jeff! I'm planning my first Wyoming goat trip this year. What unit did you hunt? It seems everwhere I read about just how friendly Wyoming residents are.
-Bigfishbabb