Wyoming Elk

Walking Bull

Mar 12, 2018
Going to hunt area 7 with Elk Mountain Outfitters. 4 of us decided to go hunt together and quit this point crap and shoot some good bulls. Anyone out there every hunt with them?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Going to hunt area 7 with Elk Mountain Outfitters. 4 of us decided to go hunt together and quit this point crap and shoot some good bulls. Anyone out there every hunt with them?
I haven't hunted with them but am pretty familiar with the operation and area 7. They put people on nice bulls and have very little negative feedback out there. You will see a pile of elk and should all shoot a good bull.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
Thanks Buzz, I really appreciate your profound advice. I have been putting my dad in for that tag last couple yrs with one under max trying to catch the low chance. You may have me reconsidering. I do have some private land permision on south end(wintering grounds) if that makes a difference? Any advice for one under max DIY for a 65 yr old flatlander in moderate shape? You can PM me if you would rather too if you have any recommendations. Thanks again.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Wakkuri's are good folks. I would look into a deer hunt also.
As stated 7 is not quite what it was but still big bulls in there. Might find lots of broken tines though later in season.

pm sent Troy

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Thanks Buzz, I really appreciate your profound advice. I have been putting my dad in for that tag last couple yrs with one under max trying to catch the low chance. You may have me reconsidering. I do have some private land permision on south end(wintering grounds) if that makes a difference? Any advice for one under max DIY for a 65 yr old flatlander in moderate shape? You can PM me if you would rather too if you have any recommendations. Thanks again.
Shameless plug for TagHub, you can sort the units by type and point level and visually see what he can get with one shy of max. If you are willing to pay for an outfitter you have some pretty cool options too, but I completely understand struggling to drop that much money.