Wyoming deer unit 10 hunt

Petey

Jun 5, 2022
Ontario Oregon
Hello. I am from Eastern Oregon and put in for unit 10 deer and expect to draw it. Decided to team up with a buddy and burn our points on this unit.

Wondering if anyone could help with leads for private land access or leases in this unit? Any other thoughts, tips or public areas in the unit I should look at?

Thank you for any help.

Ben.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Sounds like the opener is very busy but better later in season.
Private access for deer will be hard to non existent I bet, sorry for that news.
Getting away from the roads and looking over the rough stuff should turn up something.
There is access so hit it hard and glass, glass, glass.

Petey

Jun 5, 2022
Ontario Oregon
Thank you for the reply. I have been looking at the rough stuff and identifying glassing spots in those locations, so sounds like I am on right track there.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Depending on when you hunt it, early may have bucks in bachelor groups. Usually younger bucks together but sometimes bigger boys hang out together. By mid to 3 rd week in Oct the big boys will be by themselves for the most part, look for solitary deer bedded.
Also look for some ag fields nearby, bucks will feed at night usually and go to bed in the rough country at 1st light. Catch them on the travel routes, trails , up to their bedding areas.
They will bed in the wide open, near rock outcroppings, etc with shady side.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Depending on when you hunt it, early may have bucks in bachelor groups. Usually younger bucks together but sometimes bigger boys hang out together. By mid to 3 rd week in Oct the big boys will be by themselves for the most part, look for solitary deer bedded.
Also look for some ag fields nearby, bucks will feed at night usually and go to bed in the rough country at 1st light. Catch them on the travel routes, trails , up to their bedding areas.
They will bed in the wide open, near rock outcroppings, etc with shady side.
Good advice.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
If those intermittent creeks hold water , then yes. No water, no deer. Looks to me like that area would be productive but is there access to the public lands?

Petey

Jun 5, 2022
Ontario Oregon
There is access if you are willing to walk…I am. It does like most creeks are dry. Might be an overlooked area if one could find a little water.