Wyoming Area 7 Antelope

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Any help would be greatly appreciated looking at taking my son on a combo mule deer and antelope hunt this fall. I have settled on the deer unit (area 10) but he doesn?t appear to have enough points to draw the Antelope tag in the same unit as deer. So I am looking into the bordering units and think I have settled on area 7. I have never hunted this area before so I would appreciate the feedback if this be would big mistake . Thanks in advance.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
From what I remember when I was looking at it, there is ample public via the grasslands and walk in areas. Antelope size is average, it should be a fun hunt if your not looking for a giant.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Thanks for the feedback that’s what I was hoping not looking for a giant just want to spend time with my son before he leaves for college and fill a tag. Thanks for replying.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think winters have been reasonable out there the past few years-winter kill would be the only thing I seem to remember popping up in some of the chatter regarding area 7 goats-but that was on postings going some years back.

If you look hard, you should be able to find some posts on this and other forums on area 7 antelope. Some were quite detailed; and I think most were diy guys that gave favorable reviews on the land access and amount of game; while also being successful at shooting what they expected.

If I can find one of those threads, if its still kicking, I'll PM it to ya.

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk