Wyoming antelope doe hunt suggestions

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
This fall my wife and I will be visiting SD with our kids for there kids fall break. Plan on doing the Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, Badlands, etc thing. After we are done there we plan on going into Wyoming to shoot a few doe antelope and maybe a doe deer if I can line up areas.

My initial thought was to go to unit 16, 22, and/or 23 as I am familiar with parts of these areas from a past hunt and should be able to draw a few doe tags. However, I like to see new areas as that is part of the fun to me. I would prefer to stay close to I90 but would be open to East of say a line that runs North and South through roughly Casper and Buffalo where maybe I could stay close to I90 and I25. Unit 73 and 25 jump out at me as I start moving more South in the unit.

As it appears to me as I get East in Wyoming the land gets private very quickly. I'm open to a reasonable trespass fee for us but can not seem to find any actual takers. I'm still researching and looking for public land in these Eastern units and waiting for calls back from several biologists as to the herd quality and huntability but thought I would reach out here. Any suggestions?

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Eastern herds should be fine. Doe hunting is much easier to find access for however even the small public tracts could be productive. Doe deer could be problematic as some landowners do not want doe mule deer harvested, whitetails are a different story. Lusk area should have some good doe hunting and some public access through HMA and walk in areas. If you look you can find some great fishing to go along with your doe hunt, and move west into center of state and maybe some sage grouse hunting during the season.
Doe tags are all random draw so pick an area with decent access, look at the hunt planner interactive map for public access.