WY unit 29

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
My dad and I have unit 29-1 tags this year. This is the public land tag so we will primarily be hunting the grasslands in the northern end of the unit. This will be the first antelope hunt for both of us and my first time ever in the west. Was looking to see if anyone has any hunting experience in the area, or general suggestions about the area such as butchers, taxidermist, restaurants, etc. we will be staying in a hotel in Douglas.

I have the Grasslands map, OnX subscription, and will be ordering BLM maps today. I couldn't be more excited to head west. Was supposed to go last year but had to back out because of a knee surgery so this trip has been two years in the making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
Nice tag. Either get there early and find the buck you want, or give them a little to settle down. There are some really nice goats in that area. We had the biggest antelope we have ever seen run back and forth in front of us last year. We had deer tags.

Lots and lots of goats.

grizzly204

Jul 8, 2017
Show Me State
My dad and I have unit 29-1 tags this year. This is the public land tag so we will primarily be hunting the grasslands in the northern end of the unit. This will be the first antelope hunt for both of us and my first time ever in the west. Was looking to see if anyone has any hunting experience in the area, or general suggestions about the area such as butchers, taxidermist, restaurants, etc. we will be staying in a hotel in Douglas.

I have the Grasslands map, OnX subscription, and will be ordering BLM maps today. I couldn't be more excited to head west. Was supposed to go last year but had to back out because of a knee surgery so this trip has been two years in the making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My dad and I will be in the unit just north of you. We both drew 27-1 tags. I have the same maps also. Grasslands map and onX maps. We are staying in Bill.

Last edited:

marshmstr

Nov 27, 2014
Port Allen, LA
Just stay in bill, 1 hotel with a diner in front...Peggy sues I believe...u could fill ur tags within 1/2 mile of diner if u wanted. It's gonna be fun! Ps, I know this sounds like a cliche now, but don't shoot the first buck you see (unless he is really special to you).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyforfun

Jan 23, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how the hunt goes, it's a unit I considered as well. I know the unit has a lot of outfitters working in it.

ithunter

Aug 20, 2014
Southern Indiana
Just stay in bill, 1 hotel with a diner in front...Peggy sues I believe...u could fill ur tags within 1/2 mile of diner if u wanted. It's gonna be fun! Ps, I know this sounds like a cliche now, but don't shoot the first buck you see (unless he is really special to you).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 I'm with 'mashmstr' my buddies and I did that drive from Douglas everyday for a week...I think the only kicker staying in Bill is you have to get your room/s for the week (if memory serves me)...Too many folks tagging out early leaving empty rooms later in the week.

Camping is a solid option as well...

Last edited: