WY Region H or unit 78

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Attended the 1st mule deer days today and they had a seminar on quartering and caping, their specimens that were used was a couple bucks that had died on winter range . They had them aged at 9 and 10. The guy doing demonstration said they died from malnutrition and you can pretty much rip the hide pretty easy with your hands !! Su€¥s !!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
By the time that I have the points to draw H again, the 4 to 5 year old year class will not exist if this winter keeps hammering them. My earlier photo on this thread was in 2011. My last trip was in 2020, and there were lots of young deer, but only two small 4x4s. I just filled two elk tags in what is deer area G, and the deer and elk were already struggling in January when I was cow elk hunting.

Reactions: TN VOL

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
It's going to be interesting for sure, the southern end of G is what appears to be getting the brunt of it. The deer that have migrated out of H were in better condition not long ago on winter range captures. Souther Wyoming range...that was a different story...

Reactions: TN VOL

TN VOL

Jan 1, 2018
It's going to be interesting for sure, the southern end of G is what appears to be getting the brunt of it. The deer that have migrated out of H were in better condition not long ago on winter range captures. Souther Wyoming range...that was a different story...
I’m unsure what to do with my points or if my points will be enough with tag reductions. I was advised that possibly there would still be a good amount of mature deer that survive in H this year and to still apply…what’s your opinion on applying sir??