WY Couple Fined $60k for Baiting Deer

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Of course if a person had enough money then they could have a high dollar attorney just keep kicking the trial down the road while you are free to travel the world shooting whatever you want, wherever you want. lol

I understand the whole Innocent until proven guilty but I cant believe this case doesn't get more coverage on forums.

Bowhunting Couple Face Charges in Nebraska’s Largest Poaching Case Ever | GearJunkie

United States v. Bowmar, 8:20-cr-00178-RFR-MDN – CourtListener.com

ORDER granting 78 Motion to Continue as to Josh Bowmar (1), Sarah Bowmar (2), Bowmar Bowhunting, LLC (3). Jury Trial,for all defendants, is continued to 7/18/2022 at 09:00 AM in Courtroom 4, Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse, 111 South 18th Plaza, Omaha, NE before Chief Judge Robert F. Rossiter Jr.. The time between today's date and July 18, 2022, shall be deemed excludable time in any computation of time under the requirement of the Speedy Trial Act. Ordered by Magistrate Judge Michael D. Nelson. (ADB)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio

Boy these folks were bold!
Thank you for sharing. Of all the cases I read about on a weekly basis, this one is actually fairly tame compared to most of the others. As always, the punishment rarely fits the crime.

bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
Just from the title of the article I was thinking the fine was excessive. But now not so much, after reading the article. Probably didn't help that some of the hunting/poaching was done on the Wind River Indian Reservation! I do wonder why they kept emphasizing that the landowners' outfitting business was not licensed. In Wyoming landowners are allowed to provide guided hunts without being licensed on their own property.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Of course if a person had enough money then they could have a high dollar attorney just keep kicking the trial down the road while you are free to travel the world shooting whatever you want, wherever you want. lol

I understand the whole Innocent until proven guilty but I cant believe this case doesn't get more coverage on forums.

Bowhunting Couple Face Charges in Nebraska’s Largest Poaching Case Ever | GearJunkie

United States v. Bowmar, 8:20-cr-00178-RFR-MDN – CourtListener.com

ORDER granting 78 Motion to Continue as to Josh Bowmar (1), Sarah Bowmar (2), Bowmar Bowhunting, LLC (3). Jury Trial,for all defendants, is continued to 7/18/2022 at 09:00 AM in Courtroom 4, Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse, 111 South 18th Plaza, Omaha, NE before Chief Judge Robert F. Rossiter Jr.. The time between today's date and July 18, 2022, shall be deemed excludable time in any computation of time under the requirement of the Speedy Trial Act. Ordered by Magistrate Judge Michael D. Nelson. (ADB)
Attorneys love to kick the can down the road because they charge for each appearance in court, even if its just to request an extension. Many attorneys make alot of money kicking the can down the road. Its one of the reasons so many cases take years to settle.