Would it be easier/economical to plan a hunt in AK or Canada- Bear or Caribou.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
It varies with the Transporter. Some will, some won't. Most will try hard to put you in a good spot but they can't always predict caribou movement. Just ask the transporter before you sign up with them.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
If it's sheep its wayyyyyyy cheaper to go to Alaska. Mountain goats are running 10-20% higher in Canada than AK. Not sure about Caribou or Grizzly. Moose are cheaper in Canada unless it's in the Yukon. These are generalities as there are cheap and super expensive hunts in AK and Canada. It's actually amazing seeing dall sheep in AK listed from $8500 to 22,500. I can't understand the crazy variation.

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
I have been trying to plan another trip up to alaska for caribou and of all the people I have talked to my first would be brooks range aviation. Did a lot of research on them and out of the 10 people that went with them that I talked to they all gave them a 5 star review. Talked to the owners and they said don't worry about booking until January of the year u want to come and give us a call and they will give u all the info of the year before of how they did and how the migration has gone. They don't book in advance they told me because it's just too hard to keep track of people booked out two years. They seem very honest and loyal and want u to have a great experience. If anyone wants anymore info on them pm me and I will email you the info packets they sent me and give u a pretty close idea what it would cost since I was just up in alaska this year for a caribou hunt.

grant_stricklin

Sep 11, 2015
Would love to drive to Alaska go hunting and fishing! Do Alberta mule deer hunt then go to Alaska moose hunting!! Stay on road for 5-6 weeks!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
Just starting to investigate a hunt in Canada. My daughter married a Canadian and they live just north of Calgary. He is a non hunter but would like to try it at least once. What are the requirements to hunt in Canada, if you hunt with a resident. Do you still need a guide?