woodstoves in tents

sheephunter

Jan 29, 2012
Colorado
Go to Home Depot / Lowe's and get a piece of HardieBacker (the stuff you would put down on your floor before laying ceramic tile). It's about 1/4" thick, not very heavy, and provides a good stable surface for you stove to sit on.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I thought stove were generally used in a floorless type shelter.
I've yet to make the move to stove and floorless, but like the idea. Just need a partner to split the weight.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Our wall tent has no floor and we put a tarp down everywhere except where the stove goes. Keep the tall grass down under the stove, we put some non exploding rocks under our for some heat retention at night.
We also bring a few hardwood logs for longer lasting coals at night. Pine starts and burns hotter but does not last as long.

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
my hunting pardner got a 12x12 alaknak, I just wanted to protect the floor, I have a welding blanket, just wanted to see what others have used. Thanks for the help guys!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
my hunting pardner got a 12x12 alaknak, I just wanted to protect the floor, I have a welding blanket, just wanted to see what others have used. Thanks for the help guys!
Be careful with the welding blanket when stepping on it in socks or smooth bottom shoes. You will slide like you are on wet ice.

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
Doesn't the alaknak come with a zippered floor?? I have been using the 9.5x9.5 for 8+ years now and have never put anything down. Just place the legs on the ground, level up as much as possible, and fire up.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
Our Wall tent has a cut out around where the stove goes so everything stands on dirt. Canvas is also fire retardant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
Doesn't the alaknak come with a zippered floor?? I have been using the 9.5x9.5 for 8+ years now and have never put anything down. Just place the legs on the ground, level up as much as possible, and fire up.
It does, just wanted a little more protection. Got a 6x8 fire retardant tarp

Grundy53

Aug 29, 2013
I have this same tent. I use a piece of hardiebacker from home depot. Works great and is light.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk