Wolves in Central WY!

hoshour

Veteran member
Is there a larger map that's more detailed with written boundries on it. I'd like to find out more about the area around Cody. Looks like it cuts off somewhere just past Buffalo Bill Res. in North and South Fork of Shoshone River. Everything on other side of the highway is open for sure.
From the link in my post above - "If you have any additional questions, please call 307-777-4600."

That linked page has a lot on wolves, including a monthly report. The June report has the 34-page annual report on wolves in WY. It has a couple more interesting maps but for a more detailed boundary map or boundary descriptions it looks like you'll need to call the phone number above.

The direct link to the 2012 annual wolf report is http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/imgs/QRDocs/WYWOLF_ANNUALREPORT_2012.pdf

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Thanks hoshour.
I read everything from the link. I'll call F&G and ask about specific boundaries.
It looks like maybe where Nat. Forest and BLM meet. BLM being the kill zone.

kiddwinner

Jun 24, 2013
Cody, Wyoming
I guess that means they are in the Rattlesnake Mtns. ( don't like calling 8,800 ft. Hills) now. That means they could be running around on my property. Nice. Take care of them before area 89 deer goes downhill. Do you think the wolves have already spread that far or released there ? I read somewhere that they want to release them in Co.,Ut., N.M.,Az. (not Mexican wolf) and other states also. I think Ut. said it doesn't want wolves and any found there can be shot.
Dont worry huntdon, ill be in that area thick this sept and oct. trust me, they wont make it far!

kiddwinner

Jun 24, 2013
Cody, Wyoming
Thanks hoshour.
I read everything from the link. I'll call F&G and ask about specific boundaries.
It looks like maybe where Nat. Forest and BLM meet. BLM being the kill zone.
HuntDon, ill take and show you the area when yoiu are here... the trophy zone is from the park to the town of cody then along the highway to the montana border...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
In Michigan's UP a lot of guys run snowshoes with beagles. Most everyone has lost dogs to the wolves as have quite a few bird dog guys. I guess that since the deer have all been wolfed up they need to eat something. Hate the bastards.
Well at least the MDNR has opened up wolf hunting in the U.P. Personally the have to conservative a quotes but at least its a start right!

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
I either seen a freakn huge filled out coyote or a wolf east of the Big Horns last year, I am not a wolf expert but have seen them in Yellowstone so I am comfortable telling the difference. Couldnt get a shot, I was field dressing a deer and he popped over the rise and took off as soon as I grabbed my rifle.