Winter kills

gkempf

Feb 11, 2015
Was wondering how bad you Idaho guys think this winter was on the deer around North Fork. Thanks

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
lol. which northfork would you be refering to???salmon,snake, boise, payette,lime cr,deer cr,etc,etc............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

short answer , it was a tough winter

gkempf

Feb 11, 2015
lol. which northfork would you be refering to???salmon,snake, boise, payette,lime cr,deer cr,etc,etc............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

short answer , it was a tough winter
I Lol, I hunt alittle south of North Fork and was just wondering. I guess it would the salmon because the salmon runs through North Fork. Lol

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
lol. my bad. thought you were talking bout a river not a town.

I am from sw idaho and winterkill was well above normal. can't say for northfork but THEY DID HAVE AN ABOVE AVERAGE SNOWFALL, in eastern IDAHO

Last edited:

gkempf

Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Was just concerned. Will talk to the biologist come may. Thanks again!

meathunter

Jun 6, 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Winterkill around Salmon and Northfork doesn't seem too bad. Been up in that area for 3 to 4 weeks lately and seeing lots of deer, elk, and sheep. I've been surprised at the numbers after that winter! Roadkill has been higher. The elk and deer survived by eating off the ag fields with the cows and supplemental feeding. IMO