Winchester Super Grade .280 Remington

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I'm just putting out feelers for a friend of mine. He won a NIB Winchester Super Grade (Limited 1 in 500) that were made for fundraising events. He is going along with me next year for his first guided elk hunt, and he was thinking that he has more adequate rifles than the .280 for elk. I told him that the .280 is a necked down 30-06 (284 cal.), and that the 06 and .270 have killed tens of thousands of elk. I have a Super Grade in .338, and it is almost too gorgeous to use, but it sure puts the hammer on the elk that I have shot. He is thinking of selling it since he is funding both his own and his son's hunt. This is just a feeler at this point to see if there is any interest out there. If so, I can have him contact any interested parties.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Holy crap do not sell that thing! What a fantastic rifle cartridge combination. If I had not just had a Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter turned into a custom .280 Ackley Improved, (It was either that or the great 280 Remington.) I would be all over that.

The 280 Remington is a terrific elk cartridge and it will not let you down. I loaded 140 gr. Partitions in my .280 Remington and killed many elk with it to include my largest 6 point bull! I would load up some 140 or 150 gr. Partitions or Accubonds and tell him to go elk hunting. I used my .280 AI with a 140 gr. Partition on my very nice/large cow elk at 450 yards this year. It was its first time out. One shot and she went about 30 feet and dropped. A week later it was a small 4 pt. whitetail buck at 200 yards. One shot and he dropped in his tracks.

I go on another site and I will let the guys on there know about this one.

David

zacii

Aug 30, 2013
Arizona
I would love a rifle like that. Problem is the finances. What does he want for it?

Sent from the edge of my galaxy

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Sorry guys, I was just informed that we can't sell firearms on the forum. I don't really know what he wants to do with the rifle, but since it was a windfall he may decide to use it to help fund his elk hunt....or even a great guide tip. If he does figure it out, I can leave a ph. # and do any discussions off the forum.