Wild game feeders

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Are anyone of you using feeders for deer? If so what brand of feeders have you liked or don't like. I'm looking at getting two for a property in Kansas.

TK

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I'm sure it's illegal here in Nv to bait and I assume that most western states would be the same way. I hunted in Texas once and they used them there.

I know your in Kansas but not sure how many responses you will get on the topic.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I forget who made ours, one of the big names...

I'd get a tripod spreader style as to not concentrate the feeding in 1 spot, ie 1 spout vs a 30ft diameter circle.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I used to use the American hunter with zero issues for years......used them with the 6 gal bucket and hoist them up to prevent Bears using them as a toy! Holds a 50 lb bag of corn and on low setting dispersal once daily will last a month.

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
Tripod Moultrie with solar chargers have worked well year round. Been feeding a mixture of mostly corn with a little milo an wheat mixed in. Keep a salt block close by. Whitetails and muleys both visit regularly. The salt they really like. They will eat the dirt where the salt was sitting after it's gone till there is a hole a couple inches deep. I use the feeders as a way to see what is in the area and to help all the animals year round. Feeding a lot of game birds and small game. Most of them will spend just a few minutes and then move on.