Wife's Utah Cow Elk

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
I've been a little busy and tried to post this a few weeks ago and forgot, long story short we got my wife her first elk. Shot it at about 4:30ish the 1st afternoon we went out while we were down visiting her parents for Thanksgiving. Picked them up from about 3 miles across an old burn and we closed the distance in no time and she put 2 through the boiler room @ 390 yards. Got both our packs loaded up about an hour after dark and we made the long trek back to the truck under the stars and moon. She had an amazing time and even helped pack out 70lbs of meat in her new MR CrewCab, hope ya like the pics.

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Congratulations to Mrs Tick..... maybe it's a good thing you are not moving to Oregon..... we have these things we affectionately call trees.....:eek:

You guys might feel really out of place!!!!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Congrats to you and your wife.
I'm going out to try and fill my cow elk tag the first week of january.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Congratulations to Mrs Tick..... maybe it's a good thing you are not moving to Oregon..... we have these things we affectionately call trees.....:eek:

You guys might feel really out of place!!!!

Yeah I've spent a little time on google earth looking at Western Oregon and it's as thick or thicker than the stuff I hunt bear's in up towards Sandpoint, ID. I get a little sick of all the tree's!:D

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
It would have been more memorable if she wasn't freezing to death!! I swear she has every piece of hunting gear known to man and it still doesn't keep her warm!!
Maybe you should look into this new clothing they're coming out with nowadays, as they not only have foot insole warmers, but also are now making stuff to keep the upper body warm. It might just be the ticket for Mrs. Tick!!! Incidentally, congrats on her great season and to you for finding a neat wife that can go out with you!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Maybe you should look into this new clothing they're coming out with nowadays, as they not only have foot insole warmers, but also are now making stuff to keep the upper body warm. It might just be the ticket for Mrs. Tick!!! Incidentally, congrats on her great season and to you for finding a neat wife that can go out with you!
Yeah we revamped a ton of her hunting clothes this year with stuff from Prois and Cabela's. I need to add some down clothing into her system that might help!

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI