Who's going to to the WILD SHEEP SHOW IN RENO

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Guys who's going ? I'll be there next Friday and Saturday. Friday I'll be attending the >1 beer reception and hopefully winning a sheep hunt! Matt, we could design the "BEE" shirt!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Trent, what's the name of the restaurant across from the Peppermill? I believe you've said it's good before. Thanks in advance.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Wish I wasn't so far away as I miss all these good shows out West.
I will be attending a local RMEF in the eastern US.

bghunter

Jun 23, 2015
Granite Bay, CA
I'm going to Sacramento Sportsmans Expo, I dont know why are they doing it at the same time. Is there good chance to win sheep hunting at Wild Sheep Show? How many tags are there for drawing every year?

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
They have raffles for hunts, but being a member of the WSF, and there >1 club costs 20$ and another 20 for the beer reception. The reception is where all members of the less than one club gets a chance at 3 sheep hunts that are given away.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
They have raffles for hunts, but being a member of the WSF, and there >1 club costs 20$ and another 20 for the beer reception. The reception is where all members of the less than one club gets a chance at 3 sheep hunts that are given away.
I wanna come. Wish I could. Do you have to be there to put in for these chances to win a sheep hunt?

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
I wanna come. Wish I could. Do you have to be there to put in for these chances to win a sheep hunt?
Just have to be current less than 1 Club member. If I remember correctly, you don't have to be in attendance for one of the drawn hunts, but the other 2 you do. At least it was last year, I didn't look into it enough to see if it is the same this year. Wish I could go, my luck would be getting my name drawn, but not being there!

mtncowboy

May 10, 2014
WY
I wish I was going, but I need to save my vacation days to hopefully spend on a sheep hunt this fall! I'll be thinking of ya'll having a good time in Reno!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Made it to the sheep show, what a great show/ exposition. I met the great Dan Piccar. Sorry Dan if I butchered your last name. We talked moose hunting and his DIY euro skull video. It's amazing what sheep hunters spend at the auctions for those great tags, $305,000 for the California unlimited tag & $235,000 for the Montana tag. I sat on my hands! All goes to put and keep sheep on the mountain! I talked to a lot of product vendors from Leupold, Leica, the Outdoorsman etc.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Trent, what's the name of the restaurant across from the Peppermill? I believe you've said it's good before. Thanks in advance.
Sorry I just saw this. It's Ruby River.

I took Dan Pickar there for steaks and drinks. It was a awesome as always