Who's going to the WSF Show in Reno next week

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I wish I was going. Pete, I'll buy you lunch if we ever get there at the same time! Good luck winning the sheep hunt!!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Bob, we may meet yet. I'll hopefully be hunting deer in Oregon this fall. Trent is Eastman's manning a booth? If so I hope Dan is there us moose hunters can bs again.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I listened to the auctions on the internet. Someone got a great deal on a sitka blacktail hunt on Kodiak! I was tempted to bid it myself. Joe Klutsch is a top notch outfitter.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
If I recall correctly...$5750 for 2 hunters, 7 days. Seemed like chump change after what some of the sheep tags went for!

I think the deer hunt was worth over twice the amount.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
If I recall correctly...$5750 for 2 hunters, 7 days. Seemed like chump change after what some of the sheep tags went for!

I think the deer hunt was worth over twice the amount.
I?ll pay that for two guys! AK, I?ll join ya! Had a buddy do it this last year and it looked like a fun hunt. Expect who he choose to transport him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Bob, the "sheep" generated 2.6+ million dollars for putting and keeping sheep on the mtn. I was in the banquet room for those deer tags. It was a great show this year.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I?ll pay that for two guys! AK, I?ll join ya! Had a buddy do it this last year and it looked like a fun hunt. Expect who he choose to transport him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sitka deer on Kodiak is my favorite hunt. I know the outfitter well and he's hard working and honest. I have never hunted with him but did some flying for him on the Alaska Peninsula for springtime brown bears.
I should have bid that hunt, but my hunting partner is out of town and I didn't want to commit his time and money without asking!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Bob, the "sheep" generated 2.6+ million dollars for putting and keeping sheep on the mtn. I was in the banquet room for those deer tags. It was a great show this year.
It's outstanding that they can generate those funds for a really good organization. Way out of my league, but money well spent. Watching from the internet was interesting. Several of the high dollar bids came in from China and other countries. Seemed like the auctioneers favored those in attendance when possible, which I'm okay with.

We'll have to team up down there some day Pete!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
You bet Bob! My son and hungout Saturday night with Leif Olsen owner of Stone Mountain one his guides and another client I hunted with! Good times!

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Did you guys see the Alaska combo hunt that went for $20,000? I believe the noted value was $30,000 and it was for sheep, bear, caribou, and wolf. That was Friday night. Hung out with Kristy Titus and helped her pack her booth for the Western Expo, so my trip was made!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Did you guys see the Alaska combo hunt that went for $20,000? I believe the noted value was $30,000 and it was for sheep, bear, caribou, and wolf. That was Friday night. Hung out with Kristy Titus and helped her pack her booth for the Western Expo, so my trip was made!
Indeed it was... :eek: