Who is bowhunting where?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Good shooting. Looks like a dead deer or Elk.

I'm setting up my course down over the hill in the woods tonight.

I shoot 3 arrows and walk down and get my arrows and then run back up the hill through the woods. Doing that 20 times a day. It helps to practice with your heartrate going strong with sweat on your hands in my opinion.

The dog does'nt like it though because I dont let him come with me because I dont want him to get bit and killed by a rattlesnake. Neighbor has lost 2 dogs this year because of these stupid snakes.

• Sad
Reactions: archeranthony

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Good shooting. Looks like a dead deer or Elk.

I'm setting up my course down over the hill in the woods tonight.

I shoot 3 arrows and walk down and get my arrows and then run back up the hill through the woods. Doing that 20 times a day. It helps to practice with your heartrate going strong with sweat on your hands in my opinion.

The dog does'nt like it though because I dont let him come with me because I dont want him to get bit and killed by a rattlesnake. Neighbor has lost 2 dogs this year because of these stupid snakes.
Only good snake is a dead one.

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Wish I could actually shoot an elk at 50yds but I dont think my setup would be an ethical shot. I pull about 58lbs and have short draw length, through my chrony Im at 220 fps with 447gr arrow weight. I’d pry keep it under 30 on an big elk.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Will be in Montana high country again this year . Missed last year due to the two hurricanes. Keeping my fingers crossed! Been out of Elk for a while. Last year was the first year I didn't make it in a very long time.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Hatchet Jack

Feb 14, 2018
Appalachian Trail, Maryland
Will be bow hunting my home state of Maryland this year. Season starts next Friday, Sept. 6th. Hoping to get a chance to go out Friday night after work.
Didn't get a chance to bow hunt Ohio last year. First time in ten years I didn't get to hunt the Buckeye state. Hoping to get some time to hunt there this year.
Good Luck to all. Shoot straight. (y)

namanjohnson101

Sep 27, 2019
Hi everyone.
My name is naman, I'm 17 years old and I live in Australia. After listening to some podcasts, researching and spending time in the bush, I became interested in bowhunting/archery. It seems like an experience that, if I eventually get good at it, will be very valuable and amazing. I don't live in a hunting family and Australia doesn't have a big of a hunting industry as the US so I'm just not very sure how to start. Should I start some basic archery and once I get good at that, then start bowhunting? Is it the kind of thing that can be self-taught and practiced or do you really need a community to get any good? Am I too young? Any and all general tips would be appreciated. The more I know, the better.
Also, I want to mention that I don't want to hunt with a gun. Nothing against people who do, but I don't feel like I'd be comfortable with doing that.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
You are to old.Start 10yrs ago!Ha!,Ha!Target shooting is a great start.
Get yourself and your eqiupment fine tuned.Shoot from different distances and different angles.
learn to guage different distances by sight.Standing ,Kneeling,Sitting.Good Luck and Good Hunting. 🔥 🎄

Reactions: Maxhunter