Where to compare spotting scopes?

Airdog

Feb 22, 2011
Grantsville, UT
I live just west of Salt Lake City and I'm trying to find a place where I can look through some spotting scopes. What I'm looking for is a 60-65mm spotting scope that's around $1200. Some of the scopes I would like to look at are Nikon 20-60X60 ED Fieldscope III, Leupold Gold Ring 12-40X60 HD, and Ziess Dialyt. I have went to Sportsmans and Cabelas and nobody stocks a good selection of spotting scopes. Most of them have the Swarovski spotting scopes but I was looking for something a little cheaper. I was hoping somebody knew a good place to check out some of these scopes. Thanks.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
You might want to check out cameraland New York, I have heard of guys ordering a few scopes from them, they will ship them out and let you try them. When you decide which one you want, you send the others back and they charge you for the one you want. Don't quote me on that, but you may want to give them a try.

THEBUGLER

Feb 21, 2011
Idaho
www.elk101.com
Cabelas carry The Euro-spoter. Its about 1200 bucks. Ive heard that the Vortex 80mm hd is awsome, not sure where a guy can look through one. Might have to do a dealer search.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
After working in the hunting industry for a number of years my advice would be to show up at a store first thing in the morning or last thing at night. I looked through close to 400 spotting scopes one day and they all look the same at noon on a sunny day. Low light is the key.

BIGJOHNT

Feb 22, 2011
Utah
I dont know f you have looked at cameraland yet. They have a great deal on Vortex Skyline 20x 60 x80 spooters 299.00 reg 429.00 and the Ed version 449.00 reg 729.00 Dont pay 729.00 at cabelas ;) just sayen.
Good luck

Airdog

Feb 22, 2011
Grantsville, UT
Thanks everybody for the input. I ended up getting a Vortex Viper HD 15-45X65 for $550. They wont be out until June. The site I bought them from has a 60 day money back gaurantee. When I get it I was planning on taking it around and comparing it to the different scopes. My dad has the Razor HD rifle scope and I picked up a Viper rifle scope from Sportsmans Warehouse last year and I have no complaints about either of those scopes. Hopefully it is as good as the reviews say it is. We will see.