Whats this?

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
20171115_084505.jpg
Curious as to what this is and if its safe for waterfowl. This field has had snow gees, Canadians and swans in it every morning, then all the sudden i see these signs and the birds have been staying clear of that field.

HeartElk1

Mar 30, 2011
I think there is a sign just like that on the door to Al Franken's office.... :)

No idea what it really is but I wouldn't want to hunt near there until I knew for sure. Good luck finding out what its all about.

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
Well since it seems to me, that waterfowl can read season dates and vanish, it seems reasonable the farmer is bluffing waterfowl....

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
What is this

Well since it seems to me, that waterfowl can read season dates and vanish, it seems reasonable the farmer is bluffing waterfowl....
This a sign that has to be posted when a farmer uses a pesticides that can cause harm to people if the enter the area before a certain length of time. A funguscidr sign like that is usually done before a farmer put a field into trees or vines.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Brother and I had permission on a picked corn field a few years back. Farmer said we needed to move fields...he was putting an animal waste fertilizer on the field, and the feds said he needed to keep people off for certain period of time.

I'm guessing this is something like that.