What size do I need to get ?

MT Muley

Mar 22, 2011
Montana
Hey everyone,
I am hopefully not going to talk myself out of it, and actually pull the trigger on buying a Russel APXg2 Gale jacket, and the APXg2 L5 Cyclone pants. First of all, are these the right pants to get for hunting in weather anywhere from 30-75 degrees? I know layering will make a difference, but these seem like what I want for hunting Montana.

Also, I am unsure on the size, I am 5'10', about 155 pounds.

Thanks Guys
Mitch

miller1

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
I have the gale jacket and love the fit and it seems very windproof, it might be a little warm for 75 deg. but it is probably the best all around jacket they have, perfect for 30 to 50s, the cyclone is there rain gear, i just got the cyclone jacket for $60 at gander mountain, all the russell gear is 60% off right now, so it is the time to buy. I am 6' and 190# and the large gail fits perfect, i got the xl cyclone jacket so it will be good to wear over other jackets.

Mtnrchr

Mar 1, 2011
Evergreen, CO
I got the gale jacket in a medium and it fits perfect. I'm 5'10" 175lbs. The large was a little long and loose for my liking. I also got the rain gear but I went with the large on the jacket (to go over my other coats) and medium pants. The large pants were HUGE ! My brother is 6'1" 185lbs and went with the XL raincoat and Lg rainpant. Hope this helps.