What part of animal do you eat

GAVet2002

Nov 26, 2018
I like heart and tongue...Haven't been able to get over the iron taste of liver and usually leave all the other guts alone. When I was a kid we would boil hearts and slice em into sandwich meat..Culinary school changed my way of thought on that and I prepare them a bunch of ways nowadays.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I EAT IT ALL!!!BIG PROBLEM>ALL MY ARROWS ARE BENT<AND MY SCOPE IS TOO!!:cool:
Whose gonna feed a starvin' Ole man?

Last edited:

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I really don't care for the heart, liver or the tongue. Won't try any of the other organs. Absolutely refuse to eat the brain, I'm not gonna be the first guy that gets CWD. Had turkey testicles once, so I think I've fulfilled my testicle quota for my lifetime.
Coyotes gotta eat too.

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
Heart is the only organ I will eat and it is fried at that. I did try it bacon wrapped and that turned out pretty good, just needed to go another 10 minutes in the oven. Growing up we HAD to eat the deer liver so I think that is a huge reason that every bullet, every arrow has miraculously made it to the liver after going through heart or lungs.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Heart is the only organ I will eat and it is fried at that. I did try it bacon wrapped and that turned out pretty good, just needed to go another 10 minutes in the oven. Growing up we HAD to eat the deer liver so I think that is a huge reason that every bullet, every arrow has miraculously made it to the liver after going through heart or lungs.
I don' like to eat any of the guts. but liver is one thing I will not eat .it b nasty!!!

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
After field dressing a couple animals "gutless" style now under my belt, I don't mess with the "guts". [emoji38]

I do like heart and liver; once in a blue moon. If I want it, I just get some beef or calf liver from the butcher, fry it up with a pile of onions and get my fix-better yet, head to the truck stop when they have their liver and onions special...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I eat the following

heart
4- 1/4's
Backstraps
Tenderloins
Grind any usable/trimmable neck meat
Tender Loins
1 time a year I eat liver (Only once as its a family tradition and I prefer not to eat it...)

I would never eat a testicle of an animal I killed or any animal unless I was starving. lol

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I eat the following

heart
4- 1/4's
Backstraps
Tenderloins
Grind any usable/trimmable neck meat
Tender Loins
1 time a year I eat liver (Only once as its a family tradition and I prefer not to eat it...)

I would never eat a testicle of an animal I killed or any animal unless I was starving. lol
in which case ,I would chew the rear end out of a dead rino.

I would even then pass on mcain though.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
Haven't tried liver, it doesn't seem appealing at all. I did gutless on my bull last year but decided I wanted to try the heart so I went in for that. It wasn't terrible

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I have eaten deer liver a few times and don't really care for it but I'll eat it if if someone cooks it just to be polite. Tried heart once and didn't like it.
That being said I cooked a deer tongue last week and it was delicious. Tasted just like beef tongue only A LOT smaller. Simmered with onion, garlic,salt and pepper for about 3 hours. Peeled it after it cooled then sliced. Sadly it was barely enough for one sandwich. :(
I will definitely cook the next elk tongue I have access to.

TimmothyLawson

Mar 25, 2019
If you are a real meat pro, then maybe you can recommend the best knife block and the best boning knife in particular? As it is impossible to cook a delicious dinner or serve a festive snack without a good kitchen knife - or even a few. You also cannot do without its help on a picnic or in a hike. Knives were among the first tools that our ancestors learned to make, and since then they have not lost their value. Fortunately, we are no longer in a stone age, and modern knives have become much more perfect and functional than their ancestors. Now they are made not from silicon fragments, but from high-strength steel, ceramics and space alloys based on titanium. How to choose your ideal assistant from all this variety?