What is in Your Shopping Cart Spring 2014

mnhunter

Aug 23, 2011
Andover, Minnesota
With the snowpack out there, our location is still a bit in question, but plan A is to start our search in the vicinity of the Bob Marshall. You heading out for bear this spring?

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
A couple of Millennium M100 hang ons. Spent too much last year: new boots, new wool top and bottom, new pack, new spotting scope and tripod and one new feeder

MT dreaming

Aug 14, 2013
What's on the shopping list- more appropriately for me what's not on the list. I am gearing up for my first western big game hunt this fall and most of my gear is old and better suited for the southeast US. So the list includes a day pack, binos, merino wool base layers, wool or performance outerwear, etc etc. Its going to be an expensive year.

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
this years gear has arrived: im a little excited havent spent this much on gear in long time i mean never.
-Ba ul fly creek3
-kelty ignite dridown 0deg bag
-10x42 swaro el's
-tundra boots from cabelas for alaska
-got some new kryptek last year and first lite merino wool
-J34 pack last year

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
What's on the shopping list- more appropriately for me what's not on the list. I am gearing up for my first western big game hunt this fall and most of my gear is old and better suited for the southeast US. So the list includes a day pack, binos, merino wool base layers, wool or performance outerwear, etc etc. Its going to be an expensive year.
MTDreaming,
I purchased the Perfect Hikers by Mendle from Cabelas, a Badlands Super Day Pack and Polar weight Polartek Power Dry base layers from Cabelas. Also their Wooltimate coat and pants. We hunted five days and this equipment was very adequate. We had temps as low as 10 degrees and very windy. I wore my muck boots when we had snow. Spent a lot of $'s but will use most of it in Mississippi. Their 10 degree days are equal to 25-30 here. Difference is you will dry completely out. Drink plenty of water and I used lotion. Fingers peeled for a week after I got home.

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
BOOTS, boots, boots !!!!!!
If this is your first time out west make sure you have comfortable, well broke in boots!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Looking for a new sleeping pad. Got a BA Insulated Q-Core to try out.
Ordered a new Kifaru Pack should be here by the end of April!!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Got my Lowa Tibets on order from Amazon for $302. Not bad. Got to get some new merino wool base layers. Probably going with Sitka. Other than that I think I'm good. Hopefully I will be getting a new elk mount...tbd.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
I will find out by next Friday if I have a used Winchester Model 70 chambered in .270 Winchester that I am going to pull the barrel off and sell it and have a custom barrel chambered in .280 Remington put on it. Not sure what barrel yet, Pac-Nor, Shilen, Benchmark, but it will be 24" standard model 70 contour. Plan on pulling the new Winchester trigger and putting on the excellent trigger they have always had. The stock will be pillar and glass bedded and the barrel floated. I'm pretty excited and maybe I'll have it up and scoped before hunting season next fall!!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I'll be broke as well after putting in for tags! I'll just make do with my old gear and cross my fingers for birthday and Christmas!