What guns have you bought this year?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Didn't buy any, but sold some. I don't shoot Cowboy Action anymore as it seems to be less popular around here. Our local club has far fewer members (down to 6 or 7 at monthly shoots from 15 to 20 in the past). The Durango club has folded and the World Headquarters moved from New Mexico to Illinois. I have a lot of guns for this style of shooting, so I sold all my backups and am considering sell everything.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I keep thinking of picking up a couple but then I don't shoot the ones that I have now. That along with the problem that the nearest gun store with any inventory is 100 miles away, at least ones that won't give you the shaft when you buy one. Then there is the Colorado back ground check where the last time that I checked was a couple of days to get it done, so that would mean a round trip.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
No more guns for me at this point in my life....BUT, I always am ready to jump on something. Now ammo is another thing, I am on the lookout for what is available and at a reasonable price. Don't get a dog if you can't feed it.

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
I picked up a TC Compass in .223 last January. Nice little gun to have around for coyotes and other critters that desire. I was also gifted a Henry .44 for my birthday earlier this month! My wife has expressed interest in wanting a new rifle, so i might look at getting her something she can take out west in the future. 7mm PRC is the front runner on the list currently.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I think I am done buying guns. in fact, I have already begun handing down what I own now. I might buy used if I stumble across a great deal but probably not.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Illinois is going to allow straight wall cartridges during the deer firearm season next year (slug only state). I bought a 350 legend cva scout 2. Sinlge shot is also a restriction.