What do you all think of this gift idea?

StuartHunts

Sep 2, 2016
So I got the idea to vacuum seal venison with different seasonings and marinades. I'll be giving them out as gifts this year with the offer of Sous Vide dinner plans.

What I mean is I give them the vacuum sealed meat and tell them they can cook it themselves or they can redeem a "hang out and cook for me" night and I will take it and cook it Sous Vide for them and we will have an awesome meal.

What do you guys think? Good idea? bad idea?

Really I am just looking for an excuse to use my kitchen toys. I absolutely love my Vacuum Sealer and Sous Vide. I'm a bit overzealous when it comes to that stuff, so much so that my friends were telling me to shut up about it. Now, most of them have tried my cooking using Sous Vide and they no longer tell me to shut up :cool:

Hi everyone, I'm Stuart and I've got a problem.
Everyone: "Hi Stuart!"

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
sounds like a great idea to me. I'LL be yer friend, none of my friends have ever given me such a thoughtful gift.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just remember that a marinade can overpower the meat that is soaking in it if left too long. And by the time that your friends enjoy their gift it is quite likely that all they will taste is the marinade.

genesis27:3

Mar 12, 2015
North Carolina
I think it's a great idea. But expect them to keep coming back for more once that runs out. Like giving a crackhead just a taste, they'll be back! Lol! But even the non hunting friends will be root'n for you come hunting seasons to come!
If you need someone to sample the goods, I can PM my address!;)

StuartHunts

Sep 2, 2016
Just remember that a marinade can overpower the meat that is soaking in it if left too long. And by the time that your friends enjoy their gift it is quite likely that all they will taste is the marinade.
Thanks for that tip, I hadn't considered that. I guess I'll eat the ones I made up already and then seal some with just some light seasoning if any at all. Then once they cash in their hang out dinner I will open the bag, toss in some marinade and then vacuum seal again and cook.

Ever had anything Sous Vide before?

Thanks everyone else for the positive feedback. I'm really happy I can cheap out on my gifts this year haha! AND get to use my gizmos.

kidoggy, thanks Pal :)

StuartHunts

Sep 2, 2016
I wish someone would gift me something like that! Can you give them the marinade and meat separate. Two bags?
An even better idea! I'm glad I posted this thread as I wouldn't have thought of that.

I could seal the marinade in a bag and give it to them. If they want me to sous vide it for them I'd re-combine and vacuum seal then Sous Vide!