What did you get for Christmas?!?!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I was good this year (don't ask around- simply take my word) and received the following;

XC525 Promaster Tripod
Sirui Fluid Head (for glassing/filming)
Thermocell RM450 Armored Repeller
Mojo Critter 2
Black Diamond Storm (I always carry 2 headlamps while in the backcountry and this year 1 quit working early in the hunt after 5 years of use- hence the reason to carry 2)

So what goodies did you get?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My wife and I don't do a lot of Christmas gifts for each other. I wanted the autobiography of Teddy Roosevelt to round out my book collection on him. Got it. My wife and I went out for Christmas Eve dinner at an upscale eatery in Durango and had a wonderful evening. That's about it.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sorta in the vein of 'CC, I'm taking my wife out to lunch today sans kids, (a rarity for us!) to our favorite Italian restaurant back home here in PA; where we used to go when we dated 26 yrs ago. We try to go whenever we are home and grandma & pap-pap can watch the kids.

That being said, there are surprises: my wife got me a very modest silver chain with a religious emblem to wear; very sweet and unexpected. I got her a box of her favorite chocolates from Aldis.

On the hunting front, I'll be buying a can or two of slightly faster powders to try for reloading my pesky .280, with a lil bit of my [emoji319][emoji383]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Lone Wolf Assault Hand Climber Combo

I put a nice set of backpack straps on it from a pack frame I had lying around.

Finally...a fast, Lightweight, quiet, and safe climber. Climbed several different trees with it yesterday to test it out.
Setup time is so much quicker and easier with this stand. I can go from having it on my back to being up in the tree (~25 feet up) and secured in less than 5 minutes. Cut a couple minutes off of my normal time with the other model.

Much lighter than the "Wide" flip top sit and climb I have been using for the past several years. It was just too big and heavy for my liking. I think I will sell it off now that I have this new one.

Last edited:

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
2 person ladder stands. Kids are hunting more and more with me and I can only do so much ground blind hunting! Time to upgrade my stands to have more options with the kids!

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Ordered things myself to make sure I got what I wanted. But wife agreed rather than surprise me with something I didn't really want.
Sitka kelvin prima loft jacket.
Sitka cloudburst jacket.
About 60% off so did good.
Few other assorted things from the kids.
New watch
Sea to summit collapsible wash basin. Interesting thing I never thought of but packs up really small

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
2 person ladder stands. Kids are hunting more and more with me and I can only do so much ground blind hunting! Time to upgrade my stands to have more options with the kids!
That brings back memories, when my kids were just getting to that age I got 2 man ladder stands like 6 years in a row!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
All my Christmas showed up a month before Christmas.

My new Vortex Razor 20-60x85 spotting scope along with tripod and window mount. For the last month I have been watching deer and elk to the south of my home from the living room window. There is one real nice buck in the group. They are far enough away that I can see his antlers but can't really see just what he is but the width and height is there. But after the snow storm last night I expect for them to be gone from the hill and living a little bit lower.

Now I need to get a new phone and a phone scope so that I can take pictures through the spotter.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
20 pounds fatter!

I don't again fore see the need for sustenance till mid feb or so

Last edited:

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Jim P thats what I Said...Wool Socks?also got a Eddie Bauer wool shirt and longjohns!!
I have 2 closets FULL of jackets and sweaters with the tags still on. I Used to hunt the Kiabab so Dad thinks I need them
year after year.
Was going to put that in my first post,but that kind of seems ungratefull.:cool:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Wire feed welder. After welding 5 10's to put myself through college, I never wanted to touch one again. I'm over it, now I got a bunch of things I want to make! For starters a new internal frame for my wall tent, but first I need to make a good welding stand.