What Archery Events will you be attending for 2021

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
I go to the Kalamazoo Traditional Bowhunters expo every year in January. Unfortunately it is cancelled this year.

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
As a P&Y gold level sponsor I get convention passes. Im kicking around attending that. Yhey comp a venpr booth but I would likely go as just a regular Joe bowhunter and member.

Im the corporate sponsor for the Wisconsin Bowhunters assoc. annual convention in March (80 annual convention) Ill be doing a seminar on broadhead sharpening.

Im sponsoring the Wisconsin Bowhunting heritage foundation Museum open house to showcase the history of the bowhunting licesne and bowhunting season (that began in WI )

Im sponsoring some stuff for the Wisconsin Traditional archers (sadly they cancelled their convention in March)

I normally run a novelty shoot for the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc at their annual broadhead shoot.

I always cook and serve the chili at the Sherwood forest traditional archery shoot in Feb. (7 years in a row)

I doubt I will have a vendor booth at many hunting shows this year as most seem to be canceled already. Last year, nearly every show Im a vendor at cancelled.

Lots of bowhunting orgs missed out on a large amount of revenue due to covid cancellations. I know Pope and Young is struggling based on the emails I get. My bowhunting company had our best year ever so I worked with several national and state bowhunting orgs to replace the money they lost due to covid.

Last edited:

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
You should come hang out with us this year at our events!
The issue is time. Between events and hunts and then actually working, the calendar fills fast. Im still bowhunting till the end of Jan. Feb. and march are filled with events and hunts. Im releasing a couple new products after getting all the announcements of new broadhead offerings from the virtual ATA then April through Aug its non stop production so when Sept Rolls around, Africa with a bow and then lots of other states with a bow in hand to do product testing. I used to do a lot of shows/events but online sales and covid means everybody shops and buys online now which is good for us. Traveling and working shows bites.

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
Man, guys, if you’re at P&Y in April, make sure you look me up! I’ll be there next month to oversee the panel. Should be a good time.

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
[
Lots of bowhunting orgs missed out on a large amount of revenue due to covid cancellations. I know Pope and Young is struggling based on the emails I get. My bowhunting company had our best year ever so I worked with several national and state bowhunting orgs to replace the money they lost due to covid.
[/QUOTE]

I am on the board for Michigan Bowhunters and we had to cancel our banquet this year and this year is iffy, though it is still on. The loss of revenue hurts, but what hurts even more is the downturn in membership. We have booths at a lot of events that were cancelled and we sign up quite a few new members at them. Also, some members are used to renewing at certain events. Not having the events hurts us in this regard.

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
agreed. I can see it in the many orgs I am a member of. Thats why I put 10's of thousands back into their coffers to replace what they lost due to covid shutting down their revenue generating events. I found out what they would take in annually and then matched that.

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
Pope and Young just announced they are moving their convention from April 14th to July 14th.

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
MAF (Mountain Archery Fest) just announced this event yesterday....another one on the books! This should be a good one:

Registration for the MAF Snowbasin Event on 7/23-25 opened on 3/15.

Attachments