What’s your New Years Resolution?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
2023 has several unexpected events for me, leading to my Resolutions for 2024.
I got a new knee on February 1 and everything was going great until the first week of March. I was on my way to PT when I slipped and fell on some new ice that was covered by new snow. I tore the Quad tendon (total tear) in the new knee. More surgery and in a brace for 3 months (brace prevented me from any bending of the knee). More extended pt. I am not in the physcial condition I want and need to be. More excersize and get in shape is number one!

Number 2 is lose another 15 to 20 pounds. I have lost over 50# in the last 1 & 1/2 years. Should be easy to do.

Hope the New Year is a great one for everyone......be safe my friends!

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I’m not going to set myself up for failure like I have in the past.
Loosing winter weight is doable but my number one priority is to take better care of myself. Have dr appointments and physical therapy appointment already scheduled. I’m tired of toughening out the daily aches and pains.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
This will be my last year to work a full time job so I will be preparing for retirement. Office job.
Loose 20 pounds and prepare to start taking care of three small farms I have acquired over the past few years.
I think I will love waking up every day and thinking it’s Saturday.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Alright guys, it's time for me to be the spelling police. I was once given a 2 day suspension from a security job for "loosing" a key. It worked out for me though because they were short staffed, I was paid OT after my suspension to come in on my regular days off. You can probably guess that it was a government job.
Anyway, when something is lost, you lose it. The only thing that is loose is your pants if you are able to lose some weight.
I guess that my news year resolution is to be less critical of other people.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Find the biggest Bull I can in Wyoming this Year and get 15 LBS gone as well as Aches and pains. 68 is coming in sept. getting shots in My back now ,hope they work. Don't want surgery. After 45 years in Arizona Relocated to south carolina. (Great Woman Which is hard to find at this age and Good looking too. Was single for 6 years after 35 years married) Gotta get used to different style of hunting. Still going to AZ. to hunt turkey in late April. And Tenn. before that hunt with Son from Nashville for Turkey. Good luck all and Happy Health. You aint got Shit if You aint got Health!..................BOB!

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Alright guys, it's time for me to be the spelling police. I was once given a 2 day suspension from a security job for "loosing" a key. It worked out for me though because they were short staffed, I was paid OT after my suspension to come in on my regular days off. You can probably guess that it was a government job.
Anyway, when something is lost, you lose it. The only thing that is loose is your pants if you are able to lose some weight.
I guess that my news year resolution is to be less critical of other people.
Sorry!

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
What a great post to start 2024! There are a bunch of things I can think that would be considered a resolution of sorts but I am going to make an effort to focus on a couple core items.
1. Work on focusing efforts on being thankful for what I have in life. Im healthy, my family is healthy, wife and I have good jobs, kids, etc. I have a tendency to focus on more, more, more. What can we do to have more. I need to pump the breaks.

2. Continue to lead a healthier lifestyle. I started Crossfit last march and am in the best shape ive been since high school. I want to continue and remain injury free.

3. Hunt. Specifically western hunts. I have taken the last 2 years off due to growing a family and other commitments. Never again. I will be taking a western adventure every fall as I am able. My dad turned 64 this fall, he still has health and drive to go. Its time to get back to making memories.

May your 2024s be filled with health, happiness and outdoor opportunity!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
-Finish the sawmill shed.
-Finish the dock in the pond.
-Finish the "guest house".
-Sell the extra trailer.
-Sell the extra camper.

If I get these 5 things done, I will be good.

I had a pretty unreal 2023 season, so I don't want to get greedy and ask for another one.

Best of luck to all of you guys in the draws this year.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
House is in, shop is usable with exterior about 80% finished. So mine is pretty basic: Now that we are out of the fifth wheel, I'll try to slow down just a bit and just pick away at the rest of the projects; so I can take more time to enjoy family and the property a little more while doing my best to stay a bit healthier :).