Weird weather

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
You all get some weird weather down there. I looked at the weather forecast for Laramie this morning (my son lives there). A high of 86 today but by Tuesday a low of 0 and heavy snow warning! We're a balmy high of 59 and low of 44 this week! How do you even know how to dress down there! :p

Reactions: Winchester

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Same thing for here is Colorado, where I am located at one forecast says says a low of 18 and another says 20 with a high of either 46 or 48 on Tuesday. Then back up to near 90 on Wednesday.

I'll have to batten down the hatches for one day and then reopen them the next.

Reactions: AKaviator

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I believe that irrigation equipment will be fine for just a day but if this cold snap was longer I would worry

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
We have until October 1 in our irrigation season. I'll probably turn everything off a day or so earlier. Should be leaving about then for Wyoming deer hunt, don't want the system with water in it when I'm gone.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Even with my lawn watering system I'll shut it off, it is suppose to water Tuesday morning at 1 am and I don't want to go out to ice castles all over.

I also pretty much shut things down around October 1, depending on the weather I may let it go a little bit longer but usually the lawn doesn't need the water or very much of it. I'll then hook up the compressor and blow it out before I do any hunting. I waited too long one year and ended up having to wait for a good and warm day in November to get all the water out since it had froze good and thing had to thaw out a little.

Reactions: taskswap

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
We have a saying in Colorado. "If you don't like the weather, just wait 30 minutes..." It can do the opposite in winter. A week of cold-and-snowy followed by a day or two in the 70+s.

I love it.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Same ol' thing here in Az., weather guesser said 111deg. yesterday.
It was 119deg. The low last night was 90deg.
There is going to be a cold front move in on Wed. and Thurs.
High 90's both days. 💥

• Wow

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Same ol' thing here in Az., weather guesser said 111deg. yesterday.
It was 119deg. The low last night was 90deg.
There is going to be a cold front move in on Wed. and Thurs.
High 90's both days. 💥
daaaang! hope you doan freeze! :D

most years we don't have to worry much about freezing water lines till november . last year was an exception as we got the worst of our winter in october.

Reactions: dirtclod Az.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just saw where Los Angeles had it hottest day ever yesterday....over 121! Also Death Valley had the hottest day ever recorded on easrth earlier this month....130. Might be something to this global warming.

California is also burning up....again. Over 2 million acres and rising. So much smoke here this am, I can't see the mountains....looks like smog, smells like crap.

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Just saw where Los Angeles had it hottest day ever yesterday....over 120! Also Death Valley had the hottest day ever recorded on easrth earlier this month....140. Might be something to this global warming.
Had an old farmer from Iowa tell me the best answer I've ever heard when asked asked global warming. He said, there use to be 2 miles of ice sitting on top of what we now call Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa, seems to me like it's been getting warmer for a loonnngggg time.