watch with loud alarm?

Green&Gold

Apr 30, 2011
Madison, WI
Anyone find a watch with an alarm that's actually loud enough to wake them up? I had a wind up alarm clock which is really nice and loud, but it's also a bit bulkier than it needs to be. I'm trying to cut some weight from my pack. The watch I have isn't really loud and I'd hate to risk missing a morning of hunting.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
I wish sleep worked on a night before a hunt. Alarms have never been needed as I toss and turn all night waiting for time to wake up!

sticknbiggens

Mar 10, 2011
Wyoming
picked up a G-shock last season,it works pretty good. I still use a little travel alarm clock too. Wish I could find something with a bit more noise.

c-ne-elk

Mar 10, 2011
I found a great, small, digital, electronic travel alarm that will wake the dead when it goes off! Found it at Target and was only about $12. I armed myself with some AA and AAA batteries and tested them out in the store before I bought it.

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
I had a suunto vector for a while. It broke a few times and I had to send it back to get fixed for 50$ each time. As far as alarm goes. It was kinda loud for a watch I guess. I bought it for temp altitude and compass, well they all quit working twice.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I went and bought a small digital alarm clock. really small and ligtweigh. the alarm will wake the dead. My suunto would not wake me up.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
I purchased a small digital alarm this year it has a thermometer built into the display and folds like an older Motorola razor phone. It did the trick for waking me up but it also woke up the deer that were in the canyon. 2 seconds after the alarm sounded I heard deer heading for the hills! Maybe there is a too loud of alarm line that that also should be considered