Warmest socks or boots for cold weather sits

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Very cool. I looked them up. Wish I had known they existed. I have lots of those batteries and the Ororo batteries are super expensive!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If I was sitting in a tree and it was that cold I might even take my boots off and put on some insulated booties where my toes could move around a little instead of being cramped inside of a pair of boots.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
ive found these lorpen extreme over the calf wool socks to be excellent,,nice merino wool content,thick and comfy,,i wear 2 pairs when needed,,once i found these lorpens,i ordered about 10 more pairs//id look into them.and they are reasonsonable priced.

billdoe708

May 10, 2015
Michigan
I'm in the camp of those cheap air activated hand warmers put in the toe of by boots. I can sit all day and keep warm feet. My toes were all that ever got cold. Heated toes means heat circulated through your feet.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I would get some darn tough boot cushion socks and a extra pair for when on stand since your feet will sweet. Put on new socks in the stand, I use lacrosse boots too 800g but when below freezing I add arctic shield booties over the top. I add the hot hands on top of my boot with the booty over the top. Also helps if I stand every so often to give my feet a little movement.

Corey

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I would get some darn tough boot cushion socks and a extra pair for when on stand since your feet will sweet. Put on new socks in the stand, I use lacrosse boots too 800g but when below freezing I add arctic shield booties over the top. I add the hot hands on top of my boot with the booty over the top. Also helps if I stand every so often to give my feet a little movement.

Corey
Now I have had my feet sweat up a storm but they were never sweet.🍉

• Haha
Reactions: Team Kabob

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I have good luck with the Cabelas inferno boots. Warmest thing I’ve tried. Have to be careful to be quiet walking in them though, they are bulky.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I hunted Washington state a few years back in early December. It was an archery stand hunt, and air temperatures ranged from -10 - 10 above, with some wind. I sat for 11 hours a day for 5 days straight and survived only because I had cabelas predator extreme pac boots. They’re heavy, but it takes boots like that to stick it out for that long in that weather

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I have good luck with the Cabelas inferno boots. Warmest thing I’ve tried. Have to be careful to be quiet walking in them though, they are bulky.
X2
I picked up a pair of Cablelas Inferno a few years ago from their Bargain Cave, warmest boots I have tried and they are pretty light for how warm they are.

Reactions: mcseal2

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I use the booties over my regular insulated boots when I'm in the goose blind. The work great. They are light weight and waterproof. I also have a pair of battery powered heated sox. Mine are pretty old, but still work. The only thing that I have a problem with is that they use a D battery, which is pretty big and heavy. Maybe the newer ones use a smaller battery.
I still have the insulated booties. I don't use them anymore . If anyone wants them, PM me and I'll box them up and send them to you, just pay me back for the postage. They fit over a size 10 1/2 Danner boots. The are camo and have a non skid sole.

Reactions: JimP

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
I still have the insulated booties. I don't use them anymore . If anyone wants them, PM me and I'll box them up and send them to you, just pay me back for the postage. They fit over a size 10 1/2 Danner boots. The are camo and have a non skid sole.
Sorry I forgot you offered these up cc. I ended up buying a pair of neos over boots.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
After a full season of use with my battery socks from ORORO I was pretty impressed with them. I wish they didn't go up so high on my leg though. And wearing a sock liner with them is imperitive. I was suprised how long they lasted.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I'm still rocking a pair of Sorels I bought in 1991. When my feet get cold I put on a pair of insulated booties like CC showed in his pick along with a hot hand pouch.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
where are you guys finding the dewalt heated clothing. I'm only finding jackets on the dewalt website. no socks, pants, hats, etc..

deborali

Mar 20, 2022
Suppose you are constantly cold in your feet that you need to buy boots that have fur inside. There is also a special material of boots that do not miss the cold so much and can keep warm in your feet much longer than normal boots. The last time I bought myself similar boots was on forstepstyle.com. I was able to find them, even though this store has sneakers, but I found myself warm boots, so I've been wearing them for about a month now, and I can say that the purchase was worth it. If anyone is interested, I can send you a model of them in PM.

Last edited: