Want to Buy - Dog Training Antler

Montana, I can't help in your quest for the actual training antler. I have, however, used a few other items as a replacement with varying success. Food for thought I guess.... The best substitution I have found is a soft antler from a 3D archery target. It seemed to work just fine and seemed to hold the scent well. I have also used small sheds that I have found, This of course was later and the puppy teeth were gone. I also used a small part of the fake antlers found at Walmart. There are several that are brightly colored but I found one that was natural colored and softer. Good training!!

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
if I can find mine ill send it to you. no clue as to where it might be, been a couple of years since I've used it. how old is dog? fun times ahead!!!

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Montana have you trained a shed dog before ? Is your dog old or a pup ? If I may ask.
I have trained a German Shorthair. But to be honest, not the best at it. Either he or I. He does great in training scenarios but marginal in the feild. Marginal at best.
Couple pics attached.
The new dog is a pup and I am going slow, very slow. Trying to not make any mistakes. Great dog so far.
Montana have you trained a shed dog before ? Is your dog old or a pup ? If I may ask.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Montana, I can't help in your quest for the actual training antler. I have, however, used a few other items as a replacement with varying success. Food for thought I guess.... The best substitution I have found is a soft antler from a 3D archery target. It seemed to work just fine and seemed to hold the scent well. I have also used small sheds that I have found, This of course was later and the puppy teeth were gone. I also used a small part of the fake antlers found at Walmart. There are several that are brightly colored but I found one that was natural colored and softer. Good training!!
Great tips... thank you. Not sure why I didn't think of that before.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
if I can find mine ill send it to you. no clue as to where it might be, been a couple of years since I've used it. how old is dog? fun times ahead!!!
That would be awesome... he is only 4 months old. I've done very little antler training so far but lots of basic commands and he is nailing them.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I'm all ears by the way... I love taking it all in. So many different theories. All are good.

Last edited: