Walker Ranch?????

Hatchet Jack

Feb 14, 2018
Appalachian Trail, Maryland
Does anyone know who is in charge of the Walker Ranch in Unit 2? Looks like Jimmy Horton of Hunter's Domain no longer has the hunting rights lease for the ranch. Wanted to see if they are still going to have trespassing fees for hunters. Wondering if any knows or if there is a phone number available to find out.
Thanx

Granby guy

Nov 5, 2012
Grand Lake, Colorado
Jimmy has a 30 year lease and he has purchased quite a bit of Walker ranch. He is who you need to talk to. You really don’t need access to the ranch to be successful in unit 2.

Hatchet Jack

Feb 14, 2018
Appalachian Trail, Maryland
I did not draw after all. Looks like I am one point behind the point creep. I give up. As things look it will probably take me another 10 years to draw . After 29 years of points it is time to move on.
I will cash my points in for a unit 61 muzzleloader hunt in 2023. I turned 60 last February. It is time for me to get off the pot.

Last edited:

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I did not draw after all. Looks like I am one point behind the point creep. I give up. As things look it will probably take me another 10 years to draw . After 29 years of points it is time to move on.
I will cash my points in for a unit 61 muzzleloader hunt in 2023. I turned 60 last February. It is time for me to get off the pot.
Yeah, I think alot of us will be joining you in getting out of the points game. Non-residents are really taking a beating in the points game.