Walk In Areas

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
I noticed that the Walk In Areas are currently down on the Wyoming website. Does anyone know if you can access these areas prior to the season, or do you have to wait until the hunt start date? I'll be getting to my unit to scout a couple of days before the hunt, and was hoping to check out one the WIAs.

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
From what i've read in the past and from my own experiences. There is no scouting on any of the walk-in areas prior to opening day for the species you are hunting on it. You may want to double check, but im sure that is the rule.

Big Chief J

Feb 25, 2016
Texas
From what i've read in the past and from my own experiences. There is no scouting on any of the walk-in areas prior to opening day for the species you are hunting on it. You may want to double check, but im sure that is the rule.
I've read that too, but sometimes you can hunt small game prior to your big game hunt.

bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
When you go to "Walk in Hunting" on the WGFD website, this message comes up:

Our Walk-In Hunting Areas are currently down for maintenance.

Access Coordinators are currently working on updating all Walk-In Hunting Area rules, boundaries, and any additional content that needs to be addressed.

Walk-In Hunting Areas will be back online before July 10, 2019.

Prerylyon

Very Active Member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
When you go to "Walk in Hunting" on the WGFD website, this message comes up:

Our Walk-In Hunting Areas are currently down for maintenance.

Access Coordinators are currently working on updating all Walk-In Hunting Area rules, boundaries, and any additional content that needs to be addressed.

Walk-In Hunting Areas will be back online before July 10, 2019.
Yeah, I mean this happens every yr, the last few I've been seriously hunting WY; things can and do sometimes change yr to yr, so keep tabs on it so you make good plans for your hunt this fall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check back on the website on June 10th to read specific rules on the WIA.