Vortex Lifetime VIP Warranty

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
So... not to be a shill for them or anything... but I just wanted to give a shout out to Vortex on their warranty policy.

While on an elk hunt in Colorado last month, I found these binoculars lying on the ground. They're clearly more than a year old because they're an older model. They're also not only filthy but badly damaged. One eye piece completely missing, one broken, a puncture in the side of one tube (not shown), etc. I picked them up partly because I'm a "keep our wilderness clean" guy and partly because I thought it was neat - I find a lot of trash and the occasional arrow or knife, but never something like this.

Well, I sent this photo in to Vortex mostly to share the story. These aren't mine and they're almost destroyed. It never occurred to me they might be covered, but they are. A customer service rep got back to me today and said they'd be happy to either fix or replace them. I know other optics vendors do similar things but I have to be honest, I can't think of another industry with this kind of policy. Way to go Vortex!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A lot of companies reputation are built on what they do after the sale such as the warranty work and Vortex is setting the standards for a lot of optic companies. I have had a couple of experiences with other companies that did the same thing and have to thank them for going above and beyond what is really expected of them. Good for Vortex.

So are you going to hang them on the wall and the story that goes with them or sending them in to Vortex? I think that I would just keep them as a memory of the hunting trip. I have a lot of things like that hanging around.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I sent pair to them several times for the same exact issue and they sent them back to me in the same condition each time (looking in two different directions.....) I got sick of their BS and I hand wrote them a letter and said in the letter that if they didn't replace them I was going to use the chop saw on them and send them back un-reparable.....lol

They sent me a new pair. I still have them and they work great.