Utah Applications are Open

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Haven't seen it posted yet so I thought that I would throw it out here for lucky applicants.

I put in for Utah's HAM's hunt for Floy Canyon. There is a single non resident tag and since I can't hit the lottery I might get lucky on this one. This hunt is iron sights only for handguns, archery, and muzzle loader. It is also during the rut when the bucks are down off of the Book Cliffs on the south side.

I then put in for a any weapon pronghorn hunt for the Book Cliffs South. This is from the Divide road on the Book Cliffs south to I-70 between the Green River and the Colorado border.

I also am trying again for the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek bison hunt. Even with my points this one is still a hail Mary.

If all else fails I'll fall back on my Lifetime Deer tag for the Manti/San Rafael hunt.

Good Luck to all unless you are putting in for the same tags as I am where there is only 1 or 2 tags offered.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Haven't seen it posted yet so I thought that I would throw it out here for lucky applicants.

I put in for Utah's HAM's hunt for Floy Canyon. There is a single non resident tag and since I can't hit the lottery I might get lucky on this one. This hunt is iron sights only for handguns, archery, and muzzle loader. It is also during the rut when the bucks are down off of the Book Cliffs on the south side.

I then put in for a any weapon pronghorn hunt for the Book Cliffs South. This is from the Divide road on the Book Cliffs south to I-70 between the Green River and the Colorado border.

I also am trying again for the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek bison hunt. Even with my points this one is still a hail Mary.

If all else fails I'll fall back on my Lifetime Deer tag for the Manti/San Rafael hunt.

Good Luck to all unless you are putting in for the same tags as I am where there is only 1 or 2 tags offered.
Good luck on the Bison tag. We had a great time on my brothers' hunt last year! I saw a few nice bucks while there also :).
My hunting schedule got jam packed early, so I will put in for only the OIL and extreme long shots this year. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on using my deer and antelope points in the very near future though!

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Hunting bison in Utah is a pipe dream of mine.

I applied for years while I was a resident and it was a random draw, then I couldn't afford to foot the full price of the tag along with putting in for elk so I got behind when they started the point system. Now I am getting up there in age where I wonder if I would even be able to chase after them. I have been on a dozen hunts for them with others.

I thought about not even putting in this year but someone has to draw one of the few non resident tags and I figure that it might as well be me.