US appeals court allows wolf hunts

Drelk

Jul 25, 2011
The AP.

BILLINGS, Mont. — A federal appeals court on Wednesday rejected a lawsuit from conservation groups that want to block wolf hunts that have killed more than 500 of the predators across the Northern Rockies in recent months.

Late. But another step forward

Wyohunter

Mar 6, 2012
Good, I hope they shoot'em all before they get to califorina..... because it'll be a sancuary for them here, just like for the cougars.

I read an article somewhere that a wolf from an Oregon pack crossed the border into California, that seemed to be a big deal and a lot of people seemed to be excited about it. Sorry to say it Muleys 24/7, but once a pack has established itself in California they will be there to stay. But at least the mountain lions will be less of a problem.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
I read an article somewhere that a wolf from an Oregon pack crossed the border into California, that seemed to be a big deal and a lot of people seemed to be excited about it. Sorry to say it Muleys 24/7, but once a pack has established itself in California they will be there to stay. But at least the mountain lions will be less of a problem.
Your rite , around christmas this last year a lone wolf named OR7 crossed over from oregon but since then he has returned back to where he came from, so he's no longer in califorina. The califorina fish and game was following him through his tracking collar, and you can see his trail on the CA fish and game web site. It's just a matter of time before they root in here.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I herd OR7 just got back to cali in the last week or 2. You guys better find him and SSSASAP!!! oops did I type that out loud;)

Wyohunter

Mar 6, 2012
I just read an article about a pack of wolves that in the Jackson Hole area, apparently they are really close to the town and are attacking dogs. Its only a matter of time before they attack a kid playing outside. I hope this does not happen but it might take that to get some people to realize that the wolves are actually a problem. On the bright side maybe they will contract parvo from the dogs and start dying because of it.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I think when they are killing animals in town it becomes more of an easy opportunity thing. What's takes less effort? Chasing an elk in the timber or cornering a domestic animal (that doesn't have a clue what's going on) against a fence.