Unit 54-bald ridge

Thompson21

Jun 26, 2021
My brother drew a type 9 limited quota archery elk tag for unit 54.. I’ve been doing a lot of research and we’ve got some scouting trips planned to try and learn the unit soon. Any advice?

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Have a fun hunt. Watch out for G bears. Closest I have been to one was in 54.

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
I've hunted it before. Most of the best bulls are around private. Gets frustrating. If you're not picky on trophy quality its a fun hunt. Where are you from?

Thompson21

Jun 26, 2021
Have a fun hunt. Watch out for G bears. Closest I have been to one was in 54.
Did you
I've hunted it before. Most of the best bulls are around private. Gets frustrating. If you're not picky on trophy quality its a fun hunt. Where are you from?
Thank you! Did you hunt the northern boundary of the unit at all?

Thompson21

Jun 26, 2021
Any luck?
We spent 11 days on the unit. Covered about 80 miles on foot, we spent most our time up high and a little on the boundary of 53 but everything moved onto private and there was a lot of hunter pressure. He passed on several rag bulls. he did end up shouldering a bull and didn’t get enough near enough penetration and he was alive and well when we bumped him the next day. The bulls weren’t talking at all and we seen 7 grizzleys under 50 yards with one eerie close encounter with a giant sow and cub. It was honestly an incredible hunt regardless. The bear tooth area may be my favorite country I’ve ever hunted. We really appreciated your insight!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
We spent 11 days on the unit. Covered about 80 miles on foot, we spent most our time up high and a little on the boundary of 53 but everything moved onto private and there was a lot of hunter pressure. He passed on several rag bulls. he did end up shouldering a bull and didn’t get enough near enough penetration and he was alive and well when we bumped him the next day. The bulls weren’t talking at all and we seen 7 grizzleys under 50 yards with one eerie close encounter with a giant sow and cub. It was honestly an incredible hunt regardless. The bear tooth area may be my favorite country I’ve ever hunted. We really appreciated your insight!
Glad it was still a great hunt!!!!