Unit 27 Late Bull Tag

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I drew a Unit 27 Late bull rifle tag. Has anyone else done this hunt? I am just curious to hear personal stories to better prepare myself for this physically demanding hunt.

Thanks,
Justin sack

Spudman

Jun 12, 2017
Idaho
It's a TOUGH hunt! I lived in Pinetop for a few years and got to know the country a little bit. Could be potential for a lot of snow. Not a trophy hunt. If you see a 300+ bull...shoot it! A lot of it will depend on the weather. Be prepared to do a lot of hiking and glassing. Some recent burns in the area should hold elk and if it's cold they will be bunched up together in pockets. Were you wanting to hunt up high in the wilderness area or down lower in the easier terrain?

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
I've hired a guide. I just wanted to hear some feedback regarding conditions, and fun stories. I know it is going to be a cold one for sure!!!

maximus

Jun 13, 2015
Arizona
you probably hunt below the rim that is their winter range and where the big ones go after the rut, very rough terrain but worh it, good luck on a great tag.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Not a trophy hunt. If you see a 300+ bull...shoot it!
Some of the guides have been putting their clients on some HUGE bulls. This hunt will be tough but there is a possibility for a giant if you are patient. You gotta be willing to eat tag soup if you pass on some smaller bulls. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get a good one.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
The country once you drop off the rim is pretty steep and nasty. That is why there are some monster bulls living there after the rut.
Good luck on your hunt.